IGNORED

Intrest Check, Aftermarket NES controller modded to Atari with rapid fire

Osgeld

Would you be interested in a NES to ATARI controller mod with rapid fire  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a NES to ATARI controller mod with rapid fire

• Yes I would be interested and willing to buy
    • Yes I would be interested but not willing to buy
    • Not interested
    • Shatner

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I made a second prototype PCB to correct some minor little nitpicks and I am happy with that design, files go out to fab today and will start processing Monday. Usually takes a week to process and a couple to mail. That puts the first batch of 20 somewhere in the start of December.

Controller cables show up today and I can process them (cut strip tin) them this weekend.

Controllers show up either next week or week after, I was able to find the exact same controller with NES plugs on them, not that it matters to me as I am gutting them, but I can chuck the NES compatible cords up for a buck + postage each and offset a few upfront bucks, so keep an eye out for that.

In other news I made a couple tools last night, the final design has a dual color LED so as you go though the different modes you know where you are at by the led blinks, but that means I have to put a hole in the controller, and there is a nice plastic label on it. If I just drilled though it with a normal twist bit the label would get all jacked up, so I made my own drill bits to cut the label.

I made a couple different sizes but they are the same, a steel spring pin that I chucked in a drill and spun while I held it against a belt sander at an angle. They are razor sharp now and I was able to cut though a single "post it note" on the drill press and have it look as good as if it were cut by a press and die, the thick plastic labels on the controller should come out even better!

Now I just gotta cobble up a jig so I can put the cut and drill hole in the exact same spot every time, but that's just some scrap wood.

Thanks

post-35237-0-68043200-1446817126.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...