IGNORED

Turban - TUrboBAsic Nifty

• 3 months later...

Does this work on MacOS (with Atari800MacX). I read the manual nut am unclear. Do you consider it unixoid? :)

As far as my limited understanding of MacOS goes it should work. Try it out (there is also a Sublime Text version for MacOS if you consider this).

You only have to build/make the "ATR-Tools" from "HiassofT". If you encounter problems, I'm sure a MacOS native will chime in...

• 1 year later...

Thanks, Irgendwer. Though I don't think I have the time or energy to blaze this trail. I'll use it after someone else has gotten it working on the Mac.

Thanks to Irgendwer´s support, it now works fine here on Sierra. If you like, I´ll send you the folders with all needed files, only Sublime you have to install on your own (quite simple to do).

Edited by skr
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

Just in time for the current "10-liners contest" here an updated version.

Changes:

V1.2

- Syntax highlighting updated for directive "$define" in "Sublime Text"
- Improved escaping for the bash script: Paths with spaces are now supported.
- Plain Basic support as the template launches now the emulator(s) with Basic on. (TurboBasic switches Basic off anyway.)

For convenience I add here also an "AUTORUN.SYS" which starts an "AUTORUN.BAS".

Add this to your "DOS.SYS" in your disk's template folder for easy Atari Basic development.

Have fun!

Turban1.2.zip

AUTORUN.SYS.zip

Edited by Irgendwer
  • Like 5

• 2 months later...

Btw: many users asked, how to insert the Atari special characters in an editor?

From the documentation of the "TurboBasic XL Parser Tool":

• Inside strings, special characters can be specified by using a backslash followed by an hexadecimal number in upper-case, (i.e., "\00\A0" produces a string with a "hearth" and an inverse space), this allows editing special characters on any ASCII editor. Note that to force a backslash before a valid hex number, you can use two backslashes (i.e., "123\\456" produces 123\456).

• There is support for extended strings, with embedded character names. Start the string with [" and end the string with "], and include special characters with {name} or {count*name}, with count a decimal number and name from the list: heart, rbranch, rline, tlcorner, lbranch, blcorner, udiag, ddiag, rtriangle, brblock, ltriangle, trblock, tlblock, tline, bline, blblock, clubs, brcorner, hline, cross, ball, bbar, lline, bbranch, tbranch, lbar, trcorner, esc, up, down, left, right, diamond, spade, vline, clr, del, ins, tbar, rbar, eol, bell.

Edit: See also my post with the picture here (dmsc has modified the names a bit, you may like to update the image and re-post it here for others ;) ): http://atariage.com/forums/topic/238422-my-basic-parsing-and-transformation-tool/?do=findComment&comment=3315432

Edited by Irgendwer
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...