IGNORED

Lynx Lounge

btbfilms76

Cool videos......but uhmmmmmmm, did anyone tell you secretly that in Klax's diagonal waves you actually need to stack the tiles......diagonally.....:D :D

Oh anduhhmmmmm another thing the cool guys do is not wait until the tiles slowly decent the path, but boost their speed by pushing DOWN on the D-pad :D :D

Edited by Level42
  • Like 1

Cool videos......but uhmmmmmmm, did anyone tell you secretly that in Klax's diagonal waves you actually need to stack the tiles......diagonally..... :D :D

Oh anduhhmmmmm another thing the cool guys do is not wait until the tiles slowly decent the path, but boost their speed by pushing DOWN on the D-pad :D :D

Yeah... I never said I was a Klax master, Im not very good lol! When it gets into the diagonal waves I'm kinda toast.

• Like 1

Haha LOL......just take another drink from the Jag Bar, sit in the Lynx Lounge and read the manual.....then practice it a bit.....your scores will improve dramatically.....try get a 4 tile diagonal or even better....a 5 one....or......make a big X :D (

• 5 weeks later...

It's Pit Fighter Friday! Approved by Patrick Swayze with the Road House seal of excellence award - Tough guys only today.

Great review, as always, BTB... gonna have to bust out Road House again now - love the Jeff Healey band!

Don't you hate it in Pit Fighter when Angel gets the power pill first and just kicks your ass?!! haha

• Like 1

Great review, as always, BTB... gonna have to bust out Road House again now - love the Jeff Healey band!

Don't you hate it in Pit Fighter when Angel gets the power pill first and just kicks your ass?!! haha

I think a lot of people will be watching Road House this weekend ;) You're right about that pill, might as well just give up.

• Like 1

I totally agree about the damn OPTION buttons. Why didn't go with A,B and C buttons along the top and bottom? To be honest I don't think I've ever seen a 'lefty' play the Lynx by switching the controls. Isn't it the industry standard to use your left hand for the D-Pad. Never seen any kids playing games in the arcade stood on their head!

Great review ?, never realised Lynx version was the only home version that scaled.

Rgds

BadPricey

• Like 1

I totally agree about the damn OPTION buttons. Why didn't go with A,B and C buttons along the top and bottom? To be honest I don't think I've ever seen a 'lefty' play the Lynx by switching the controls. Isn't it the industry standard to use your left hand for the D-Pad. Never seen any kids playing games in the arcade stood on their head!

Great review , never realised Lynx version was the only home version that scaled.

Rgds

BadPricey

Never seen anyone flip it to play lefty, but maybe you could switch things up when you play in vertical?

The option buttons are a lot easier to hit on a Lynx 1 IMHO. On the Lynx II they are way too "hard" and "stiff".....

Great edition by the way, made me appreciate Pit fighter a tiny bit more :D

Im glad you mentioned that, its not that they are too far a way - I mean you can get used to it, but its a totally different feel. A and B buttons have a great feel to them while the option buttons are stiff and poppy. So not only is it in a weird place but its a different feel as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

NES let you play with 2 players, 7800 2 players - Lynx version was 4 players plus a mode where you could play as the Snotterpillar hunting down everyone else.

So you meant more than 2 player multi-player. I thought maybe you did not realize there were 2 player versions on other systems, but I understand what you were getting at.

A man of his word! Nice review, loved this game as a kid. There's not too many level-based exploration games like it, especially on the Lynx. I really wish I knew about Slime World as a kid..

Yes indeed! I have a bunch of arcade ports to review then I'll switch gears and break down the side scrollers.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...