IGNORED

What was the first video game you ever played?

BillyHW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Super Mario Brothers. I must have been 5 since the NES launched nationwide in 1986. It was the old lady up the street with the cat and the dog. I forget her name but she passed away years ago. With great difficulty, I got the mushroom, then hit the Goomba and lost it, made it over the tall pipe, avoiding the other Goomba, then fell down the first pit. My first Game Over.

Still my favorite game to this day. Rescuing the princess never gets old... :D

Super Mario Brothers on the NES, Christmas Day, Kindergarten. My Uncle bought my siblings & I the system despite my mom trying to talk him out of it. We died repeatedly in the first stages. My mom was the first one to get to world 1-3 and the first castle. I remember her dodging fireballs and yelling "I don't know what's good and what's bad!" When she beat Bowser, we are all very excited because 'mom won the game!' And then Toad delivered his famous line & we were properly trolled (back before that was a thing.)

Mom came home from work the next day, and dropped a bombshell on us: Her co-workers told her there were 8 worlds in the game. EIGHT! I don't think we ever did beat Mario back then.

Sears Pong around early 80's.

Little did I know it would end up being more entertaining than a lot of games 30 years later.

After that played a lot of games on friends 2600 and INTV/Coleco (Loved the graphics, hated both controllers.)

We ended up with a Magnavox Odyssey 2 as the families first console.

• Like 1

It was an arcade game at a local mall in the 70s. I only remember it was in black and white and you were flying a plane and had to bomb targets on the ground. Don't remember what game it was, but looking at historical games from that era, might have been Canyon Bomber.

It was also the only game this mall had, before they added an arcade.

Edited by zzip

First console game? Cosmic Avenger on the ColecoVision. One of my earliest memories, actually. It made quite the impression.

First arcade game? Moon Patrol. It was at a bowling alley in Hull, MA that is long gone. I remember having to get on a step stool to play it!

100% a cocktail pong clone in Kinney's Cafe in Mangilao, Guam circa the late 70's. It was right next to a shufflepuck bowling. I miss those things. :)

My first console game I would've liked to have said it was 2600 Space Invaders, but I always have to remind myself we had a console before that.. Coleco Telstar Colortron

Coleco_Telstar_Colortron.jpg

Edited by NE146

How do you guys even remember. I have memories of being barely tall enough to reach the pong controls on a machine at the grocery store. But I dont think I played it. I can't remember the first coin-op game I played. At home we had the Radio Shack Color TV Scoreboard pong system. It was awesome.