IGNORED

MIDI Maze 850

Paul Westphal

Does anybody have any info on how to connect multiple computers up on a 850 to play Midi Maze? I was going to go the Midi Mate route, but Bruce at B & C is busy with family stuff, and may not be able to deliver in time for a Atari party we are having. I only have two midi mates until he comes through, as I was going to try four at once.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Lynxpro

The limit is 16 players it seems. But with a MIDI adapter, you connect MIDI IN on one adaptor to MIDI OUT on the next, creating a ring. But how do you do that on an 850? In the MIDI Maze menu, it says "R1: (850)". No mention of R2:, R3 or R4:.

Sincerely

Mathy

Hello Lynxpro

The limit is 16 players it seems. But with a MIDI adapter, you connect MIDI IN on one adaptor to MIDI OUT on the next, creating a ring. But how do you do that on an 850? In the MIDI Maze menu, it says "R1: (850)". No mention of R2:, R3 or R4:.

Sincerely

Mathy

I thought 16 players was limited to the ST [original] version and the XE version was limited to 4. Maybe I'm wrong and it's 3 STs and 1 XE connected together as the limit of cross-platform playability.

What I would give to get MIDI Maze running on the Lynx, Jaguar, and 7800, and all working in a MIDI Maze ring. Throw in the 5200 in there as well...

I thought 16 players was limited to the ST [original] version and the XE version was limited to 4. Maybe I'm wrong and it's 3 STs and 1 XE connected together as the limit of cross-platform playability.

What I would give to get MIDI Maze running on the Lynx, Jaguar, and 7800, and all working in a MIDI Maze ring. Throw in the 5200 in there as well...

I had a Falcon, an ST, a Mega, and a 130XE networked together at VCF East last spring. I'm out of machines with midi ports to test whether or not I can add more.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good info.

I'm still mad the Lynx programmers on staff rejected Bob Brodie's suggestion to port MIDI Maze to the Lynx when it was brand new. And then Bullet Proof Software swooped in and licensed it for seemingly all video game platforms and released it as Faceball 2000 on everything but Atari consoles.

Seems Bullet Proof Software really liked to stick it to both Atari Corp and Atari Games back then [at the behest of his Sith Lord master Ninjaendo]. What a fargin' icehole.

• Like 1