IGNORED

Secretum Labyrinth The Legend Cartridge about to be released.

peteym5

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which label you like the most?

• White Label
    • Silver Label (Atari early 80s style)
    • Yellow Label (Tengen style)
    • Blue Label (Atari XEGS style)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The 2nd silver label with the bigger picture looks good. Past history or not, the text/V61 at the top does not look as eloquent as the original Atari 5200 labels. 3rd party 5200 carts didnt have the company name at the top of the label.

If you took all the 'branding/copyright' text and moved it to the bottom I think the 2nd silver one would be a winner - IMHO of course.

The V61 at the top takes away from the game portion for me.

Oh and a bug...

Yes I'm fast :)

In the room at the start where it has a scroll, it says press button to continue, if you accident press space the PM's go ballistic, it will self right its self if you keep playing but it takes away from the quality of the game finish.

Petey, not a criticism, noticed as soon as the button gets pressed there's quite a lot of flicker on the sprites(?), playing it on Altirra, tried it in both PAL and NTSC.

Is this because you are reusing sprites and when they are on the same line you get the flicker.

Otherwise its good fun...Need to play more...

It's rather impressive. It reminds me a bit of a mash-up of Binding of Isaac (which I play a lot of) and Shamus. I don't know why it was like pulling teeth to get a link to a clear screenshot and an example video, but both of those now make me want the game.

• Like 1

The cartridge may be available within the next week and go up for sale for $49.95. I can tell you that it has many rooms, monsters, and things to challenge you. We had to update the artwork for the manual and labels to make them look more professional.

Now that people are trying that "Secretum Labyrinth:Kings Gold" demonstration, please be considerate and support our efforts to produce more fun and challenging games like this. I am planning a 3rd game (a second cartridge) that will be going much larger and more puzzles inside it. It all depends on what type of support I get.

Some issues :-

- Screen jumps between rooms with junk displayed at the top of the screen:-

post-21935-0-36454900-1447435998_thumb.pngpost-21935-0-63968500-1447436004_thumb.pngpost-21935-0-38164100-1447436011_thumb.png

- Had a bat stuck in the bottom wall and it was just moving horizontally left/right in the 1st room. I couldn't kill it and it wouldn't come out:-

post-21935-0-29818800-1447435441_thumb.png

- The player avatar's collision detection with walls is a bit odd. He can embed his head (when moving up) and right foot (when walking down) into a wall but not his feet or right side (going up).

- The player avatar is very jittery when colliding with walls walking left/right.

- If you move the player avatar into the top left corner of the screen and hit fire you hear the weapon sound effect but don't see the weapon.

Tested in Altirra in PAL mode.

Edit: I forgot to add that there are a few missing words in the text intro to the game "treasures that he in" should be "treasures that he hid in", "before they can Selected" should be "before they can be Selected", "Secretum Labrynth The Legend" but the game is called "Kings Gold".

Edited by GroovyBee

The cartridge may be available within the next week and go up for sale for $49.95. I can tell you that it has many rooms, monsters, and things to challenge you. We had to update the artwork for the manual and labels to make them look more professional.

Now that people are trying that "Secretum Labyrinth:Kings Gold" demonstration, please be considerate and support our efforts to produce more fun and challenging games like this. I am planning a 3rd game (a second cartridge) that will be going much larger and more puzzles inside it. It all depends on what type of support I get.

Does that mean the carts have been made Petey?

Are they reflashable because there's been some issues pointed out that really need tidying up to keep it a professional game. Most don't affect gameplay but they do look out of place on a 50.00 cart.

The game, i'm enjoying it and as someone said its got that hint of Shamus which is no bad thing..

Well done..

"Secretum Labyrinth Kings Gold" is not the game being burned to cartridge. The sequel game "Secretum Labyrinth The Legend" is that game the will be sold on cartridge. There seem to be several old versions of "Kings Gold" floating around that may be at various stages of development and debugging. Unless I officially post something, considering them as earlier beta versions . The Cartridge game is compiled from a different project and is up to date. It has been going through months of debugging. I need to update programming code in Kings Gold I will be getting back to updating "Kings Gold" in a few weeks as we are busy getting all the printed material ready for the cartridge. The two games are designed with different Fonts, Sprites, and a Different Dungeon as I did not want to have one game as a clone of the other. A third sequal game is in early planning stages at this point and looking to do a huge, megasize game.

Edited by peteym5

At this time, I am announcing this is our chosen label. Thankyou for taking an interest by voting. Your suggestions had been useful with help me come up with a label.

Majority of the people liked the 2nd Silver Label.

I know it is probably a minor part of producing a game on cartridge considering people will be looking at the screen and not the cartridge label.

post-14332-0-70706600-1447655686_thumb.jpg

Edited by peteym5
  • Like 2

I was able to get some recent updates for "Secretum Labyrinth:The Legend" to Lance in time before some EPROMS were burned. That reported pause problem happened probably because everyone was playing with the joystick on real hardware and and only reaching for the keyboard to change weapon, use a potion, or pause. Also the game is paused when Text is up on the screen anyway and does not continue until the fire button is pressed.

There appears to be an issue with "Secretum Labyrinth:Kings Gold" running with DOS present. The game uses low memory areas to save tables that is normally all 0s when booting an image with Altirra or when a cartridge is plugged in on a real Atari. This caused some stuff to be embedded in the walls. I am working on adding something that blanks all this out right before the title pops up on the screen.

Here is the Video with the commentary. Here are some additional screen shots I made for the game.

post-14332-0-39098800-1447693490_thumb.jpg

post-14332-0-26492200-1447693491_thumb.jpg

post-14332-0-04376700-1447693492_thumb.jpg

post-14332-0-65299300-1447693492_thumb.jpg

post-14332-0-29088700-1447693493_thumb.jpg

post-14332-0-91460700-1447693493_thumb.jpg

post-14332-0-65233400-1447693494_thumb.jpg

post-14332-0-19933900-1447693495_thumb.jpg

post-14332-0-81128200-1447693495_thumb.jpg

post-14332-0-54362700-1447693496_thumb.jpg

Edited by peteym5
  • Like 3

Anyway to run this on an 800?

When I was designing this Role Playing Adventure Game engine, I built them around a 64K RAM system and use the RAM under the OS ROM and to use a custom NMI interrupt that hold VBIs one frame if the prior VBI did not complete in one frame. It requires 64K RAM on a 800XL, 65XE, 130XE, XEGS. It should work with a Incognito board installed.