IGNORED

Issue with 1040STFM & XRGB-2 plus

Cjug

I tried the following video connection:

Atari 1040STFM->Retrogamingcables ST SCART cable->XRGB-2 plus->CRT VGA monitor

The image I got was fine but with vertical lines accross it (photo below). Anyone had this problem? Any ideas to have it solved?

verticalBanding_ST.jpg

Edited by Cjug

Assuming the ST is working ok with the SCART connection to a crt tv, it's probably the non standard video output of the ST that's causing the issue. Searching this forum for R431 resistor will yield a result that might help you. I haven't tried it personally but the user who posted has.

Assuming the ST is working ok with the SCART connection to a crt tv, it's probably the non standard video output of the ST that's causing the issue.

No, I found out that the problem is with the computer, because I tested it with a SC1224 monitor and it showed the same bars.

Normally bad ram which causes odd problems like that.

It might be what you say.

Edited by Cjug

• 3 weeks later...

Assuming the ST is working ok with the SCART connection to a crt tv, it's probably the non standard video output of the ST that's causing the issue. Searching this forum for R431 resistor will yield a result that might help you. I haven't tried it personally but the user who posted has.

Just in case anyone finds this thread thru google or whatever, i have a XRGB 2+, my SCART connection is fine on it. it has to be a problem with OP's computer.

Edited by 420kb