IGNORED

2600 SW:Death Star Battle Bug?

I am not a programmer nor do I play one on TV.

But I recently aquired two different SW:DSB carts for the VCS and they both do something very odd on my 7800 that I have never seen another cart do.

The problem is this:

If you leave the cart plugged in and don't actually touch anything...IE just plug it in, turn it on and leave it in demo or attract mode....the game sits there fine. After about 15 min or so...the game will suddenly blank to a black screen..and whatever sound was going on at the time of the blank will stick. When this happens...you cannot bring the game back without powering off the 7800.

At first I was just thinking dirty contacts etc with the cart...except that thumping the cart while it was in and powered up didn't shut it off or blink it out. And now that two different production made copies I have both do this...that leads me to believe there is either a problem in the game rom itself that just wasn't known before, or there may be some slight compatibility issue with a 7800 and this game that also wasn't known before. I can tell you that as long as you play the game...and never let it sit, your okay. But if you leave it sitting for any length of time...blank screen..and stuck sound.

I tried this with my SW:TAG and ESB, and Jedi Arena carts...and none of them do this...just DSB.

Again, not very interesting...but interesting to me..and I thought perhaps one of you 'Perts here could shed some light?

:?

Archived