IGNORED

Moto Racer 4 Announced

MotoRacer

Sorry if this has been posted already (didn't see anything). Given it's the same series as my screen name, I figured it would be appropriate for this to my first topic I shared with the community.

Turns out Moto Racer 4 was announced a bit ago for the PC, Xbox One, and PS4. Obviously, and unfortunately, it isn't being made by Delphine Software International, but it's nice to see the series isn't completely dead. Here's to hoping they don't pull a "battlefront" and make something that's pretty but completely devoid of the soul of the original. Personally, the series on PC/console starts and ends with the first one (didn't like the others much), though the GBA and DS games were fun to an extent.

Here are some pictures they've leaked so far. I do wish the game was as brightly colored as the first, but at least it's not ultra realistic looking. Not sure if it'll be getting a NA release, but if you're a PC gamer like I am, that shouldn't matter too much...

post-44598-0-22625300-1448763145_thumb.jpg

post-44598-0-17851400-1448763146_thumb.jpg

post-44598-0-08053800-1448763147_thumb.jpg

post-44598-0-04568500-1448763148_thumb.jpg

Edited by MotoRacer

I have some fond memories of the first one. IIRC it came as a freebie with my matrox mystique graphics card back in the day. It's kind of a shame to see this new one in the same browny-brownish brown as all the last-gen "super serious" racers. Throw some HDR, super bloom, and fakey lens flare in there--and even if it's still playable, would I want to look at it long enough to find that out?

though the GBA and DS games were fun to an extent.

I always thought the GBA title was one of the finest examples of what that system could do. Granted, it's kind of weird that they took it 2d, but the draw distance on it was just unreal. Good race variety too, but my skills just weren't good enough to make it through the last tier or two of the championship. About the only thing I didn't like was the 'special move' system which felt cheaty.

Edited by Reaperman

Yeah, I liked the trick system if the first which was just to hit the wheely button while in the air. I'll give the gba game credit for the technical look. It was really impressive. And I liked the DS game for using the same sound and voice samples from the first. I need to play that game again.

And I agree. While it doesn't look real, they could have gone less brown and more saturated arcade color scheme. It's doable on next gen machines. Just look at that classic 90s racing game coming out next year that looks like a spiritual successor to Daytona USA.

Edited by MotoRacer