Photo

How much do you think an Atari 2700 is worth?

106 replies to this topic

#101 DanthWader OFFLINE  

DanthWader

Star Raider

• 59 posts

Posted Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:48 PM

I've read this whole thread twice. Lol
Its not the end of the story, what was the HUGE order and he didn't buy the 2000??

#102 SoulBlazer OFFLINE  

SoulBlazer

Quadrunner

• 5,188 posts

Posted Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:40 PM

What about the 2700 that was in the news recently, the one the guy found in a California thrift store and then sold on EBay? At least now we have a idea as to how much one will go for, even if the OP left years ago. I've seen reports there could be as few as 6-12 out there total.

#103 jce3000gt OFFLINE  

jce3000gt

Chopper Commander

• 221 posts
  • Vladof

Posted Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:07 PM

Does anybody read anymore?

A.) There was no 2700 for sale.

B.) It was not a recently found 2700, this thread is years old.

C.) That guy was never serious about buying and left AA long ago, asking for his account to be deleted.

End of story.

For A), did I miss something in the thread?  I just read through it and didn't see where it was confirmed he was a bullshitter?  

#104 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Commander

• 32,664 posts
  • Cartridge Recycler

Posted Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:10 PM

For A), did I miss something in the thread?  I just read through it and didn't see where it was confirmed he was a bullshitter?  

He was interested in what it would go for, he had no intention of selling his 2700.  He was interested in getting another proto system.

It was confirmed via PM, when he asked me to delete his account.

#105 DanthWader OFFLINE  

DanthWader

Star Raider

• 59 posts

Posted Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:15 PM

The exchange is just so odd, It's fascinating.

#106 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Commander

• 32,664 posts
  • Cartridge Recycler

Posted Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:42 PM

The exchange is just so odd, It's fascinating.

Gotta have some fun sometimes.  If this dude was legit, I would have easily sold my CX2000 to him for $15K.  I even went down to $10K, but he could not play by the rules and eventually decided all this was a bad idea and wanted his account deleted, which is not something we do for no reason.

I was confused about your 12 year old comment the other day, now I get it.  I set my birthday, to the day I created my AA account, after the Nexus was gone.

#107 DanthWader OFFLINE  

DanthWader

Star Raider

• 59 posts

Posted Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:33 PM

I was referring to the age of the op. It just feels like a child with a few googled photos of the 2700. If op was a real person in possession of one, it baffles me that someone like that would have known what this was. enough to pay $4k at that. Definitely a few carts short of a full collection.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users