Photo

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

1371 replies to this topic

#1076 leech OFFLINE  

leech

Stargunner

• 1,414 posts

Posted Mon May 21, 2018 7:28 PM

Between Dbug and PPera there is a lot of joy to be had. Too much to go through for the most part, so nothing to complain about. My stock Falcon probably gets used the most, next would be the 130XE.

Was Star Wars a MAME/ROM port?

And where did you find the Skunkboard, Mr Leech?

http://atariage.com/...dpost&p=4024388

Someone posted the link earlier in this very thread :)

https://www.sellmyre...or-jaguar-27561

Oh and I thought it was a ST port of Star Wars Arcade, with the sound/music ripped from the MAME rom?

Edited by leech, Mon May 21, 2018 7:29 PM.

#1077 Atari030 OFFLINE  

Atari030

Star Raider

• 95 posts

Posted Mon May 21, 2018 7:35 PM

Aha, cheers. My eyesight is going to crap. Can't even solder without glasses any more.

I was hoping we'd get a Streetfighter arcade ROM conversion. icon_biggrinwink.gif

#1078 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• Topic Starter
  • 5,810 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Wed May 23, 2018 4:54 PM

Rampage!

Notes:

1,2,3 - Select Character/CPU

0 - Start

Attached File  Rampage-Skunk.rom   4MB   116 downloads

[edit]

Forgot to mention - 3-Player TeamTap Compatible

#1079 Saturn OFFLINE  

Saturn

River Patroller

• 3,633 posts
  • Pillar of the Jaguar Community

Posted Wed May 23, 2018 5:29 PM

Thanks!

#1080 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• Topic Starter
  • 5,810 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Wed May 23, 2018 5:43 PM

Thanks!

Welcome :)

#1081 leech OFFLINE  

leech

Stargunner

• 1,414 posts

Posted Wed May 23, 2018 6:07 PM

Ha, just thinking this is a Port Inception. Port from Arcade to ST to Jaguar!

#1082 Stephen OFFLINE  

Stephen

Quadrunner

• 7,588 posts
  • A8 Gear Head

Posted Wed May 23, 2018 6:21 PM

Awesome - thanks for these!

#1083 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Dragonstomper

• 585 posts

Posted Thu May 24, 2018 1:01 PM

Hell yes! Rampage! Thank you, CJ!

#1084 PeterG OFFLINE  

PeterG

Dragonstomper

• 905 posts

Posted Fri May 25, 2018 2:52 AM

Nice, will check it out later. This is like lots of nice unexpected gifts. Thank you.

#1085 Samuray OFFLINE  

Samuray

Space Invader

• 17 posts

Posted Tue May 29, 2018 9:47 AM

Any chance for "Dogs of War"? I loved that on Amiga, especially two player mode! :)

#1086 UHATEIT OFFLINE  

UHATEIT

Dragonstomper

• 629 posts

Posted Tue May 29, 2018 3:25 PM

Rampage!

Notes:

1,2,3 - Select Character/CPU

0 - Start

attachicon.gifRampage-Skunk.rom

[edit]

Forgot to mention - 3-Player TeamTap Compatible

Schwing! I love Rampage!

#1087 82-T/A OFFLINE  

82-T/A

River Patroller

• 4,599 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 7:51 AM

Just going to throw it out there again...

If Ports 2.5 ever comes out... I would really, really, really appreciate the possibility that this game makes it to the final result, with mouse support.

For the record, I don't understand what the point of the crying dude in the beginning is for. I just chalk that up to cheesy late 80s / early 90s nonsense.

#1088 Lost Dragon OFFLINE  

Lost Dragon

River Patroller

• 3,761 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 9:41 AM

If Ports 2.5 ever comes out... I would really, really, really appreciate the possibility that this game makes it to the final result, with mouse support.

https://www.youtube....h?v=rHK3HkuBXek

For the record, I don't understand what the point of the crying dude in the beginning is for. I just chalk that up to cheesy late 80s / early 90s nonsense.

It's setting up the games story, a prince watching his deceased father, the king being immolated at sea.

He's in mourning,cue the tear, and his mourning is rewarded by the gods. He is struck by lightning, which forms and serpent in hands, an emblem of his right to rule the world.

So yes,classic 80's cheese :-))

#1089 leech OFFLINE  

leech

Stargunner

• 1,414 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 10:17 AM

It's setting up the games story, a prince watching his deceased father, the king being immolated at sea.

He's in mourning,cue the tear, and his mourning is rewarded by the gods. He is struck by lightning, which forms and serpent in hands, an emblem of his right to rule the world.

Never played Realms, kind of looks like an easier to play version of Power Monger.

#1090 82-T/A OFFLINE  

82-T/A

River Patroller

• 4,599 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 8:44 PM

Hahah... that's right, I think I knew this at some point and forgot. Does it say it on the back of the box or somewhere? Maybe it even said it in the intro and I was so oblivious I just totally missed it.

Never played Realms, kind of looks like an easier to play version of Power Monger.

It's a pretty decent game. I would say it's not complicated, and as far as strategy games go... it's pretty simplistic. Basically, you start off with a city. You can improve it by buying a few buildings which allow you to produce more (usual thing). You levy taxes, and have a basic concept of keeping them happy. Like... 1/10th what you'd have to deal with in Sim City. You also then have to conquer other lands and other cities. You win when all the land is under your control. The territory can change too... I think there's a few options.

It's similar to Warlords for the PC, but perhaps a bit more in-depth, and with no heroes, and no mini-quests.

#1091 Fredifredo OFFLINE  

Fredifredo

Dragonstomper

• 511 posts

Posted Sat Jun 9, 2018 10:53 PM

Really great game !

#1092 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• Topic Starter
  • 5,810 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:25 AM

Yup, you can stop throwing it out there again and again now ;)

I had a look, it'd be possible, but it is a fairly complicated game to port and I don't have the time now or in the near future to put into it (Plus, err.. Populous looks much better)

#1093 legeek OFFLINE  

legeek

Stargunner

• 1,104 posts
  • Rampart!

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:40 AM

Heh,

I'll add my two (five?) peanuts to the peanut gallery...

You rock CJ, you should do whatever you want, of course! :)

Anarchy

Awesome

Chaos Engine

Road Runner

Wizkid

#1094 maxdrive OFFLINE  

maxdrive

Chopper Commander

• 210 posts

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:26 PM

Is there any way to port the floppy games over like something like monkey island

#1095 JagChris OFFLINE  

JagChris

River Patroller

• 3,668 posts

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:37 PM

Monkey Island came out for the ST?

I didn't even realize Ghosts and Goblins came out for it.

#1096 Lost Dragon OFFLINE  

Lost Dragon

River Patroller

• 3,761 posts

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:57 PM

Elite had the home conversion rights for Ghosts n Goblins, but it took something like 3 years for it to arrive on the ST.

Somewhat ironically, US Gold had released Ghouls N Ghosts on the ST a few months before Elite finally released Ghosts n Goblins, so Elite's efforts looked dated in comparison.

#1097 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• Topic Starter
  • 5,810 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:14 PM

Is there any way to port the floppy games over like something like monkey island

All the games are "floppy games" .....

#1098 leech OFFLINE  

leech

Stargunner

• 1,414 posts

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:49 PM

Haha, yeah there weren't even all that many hard drive runnable games until the last few years of 'life'. Seemed for some reason the ST developers, after the initial years that it was in the lead of the Amiga, just did mostly lazy ports and most were not big enough to warrant even making them work from a hard drive.

It would be difficult for me to even think of some games that were not solely playable from disk, until patched many years later.

#1099 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 35,309 posts

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:18 PM

Haha, yeah there weren't even all that many hard drive runnable games until the last few years of 'life'. Seemed for some reason the ST developers, after the initial years that it was in the lead of the Amiga, just did mostly lazy ports and most were not big enough to warrant even making them work from a hard drive.

It would be difficult for me to even think of some games that were not solely playable from disk, until patched many years later.

When I was into the Atari ST "back in the day", not many people had hard drives.  I eventually got one, I think maybe a Supra Drive.  I now have a Mega ST and a Megafile drive, but I've never hooked them up.  :D  But hard drives weren't that common here in the US for people who had STs, except for the more hardcore enthusiasts who could outlay the cash for one. 

..Al

#1100 Zerosquare ONLINE  

Zerosquare

River Patroller

• 2,779 posts

Posted Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:17 PM

I suppose he meant "multi-floppy games".
But even if it's possible, a point-and-click game like Monkey Island is not very fun to play without a mouse, so it would only appeal to people who have the mouse adapter.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users