IGNORED

Video Game Hell

BassGuitari

Video game hell for me....stuck in a small, colorless room, no windows, and only enough light to light the handheld trapped with me. The only handheld I have (with its complete library...) is the Tiger Game.com. (We'll go with the Model I) :o :o :o...having 20(ish) miserable games...I'd kill myself within...2 hours or so.

Could be worse. It could be an R-Zone. :evil:

Edited by BassGuitari

Red Screen Of Death = a fully functional Virtual Boy. :-D Ooh, which reminds me...

In Videogame Hell, your face is fused to a Virtual Boy, and those eye-searing red screens are all you will ever see until your eyeballs literally burn themselves out of your new biomechanoid skull.

• Like 3

I'm going to say that it would be only being able to play those games they have on an airplane. You know, the "games" they package with the entertainment system and give you the back side of the media remote for a controller. I think I would have to stop playing video games forever if that was all I had. Who programs those things? The airline president's nephew? Some don't work right and others must be intentionally bad.

I no longer game online, but when I did, it was a version of hell when I was trying to do so with a crappy connection speed.

I could log in.

I could move around.

But the lag was so bad that I couldn't actually do anything.

It was like a tease, the game was right there in front of me, running, but I couldn't actually play it.

I consider this similar to the above examples of having a ton of old school zapper/phazer/light gun games (and no other type of game), but the only television available is a modern LCD making all those game unplayable.

• Like 1

Shelling out money for a very expensive game in order to play it, and then the game won't work because of a dirty cart or scratched disc, and nothing fixes it.

Getting far in a difficult game and then it glitches out so that you're forced to reset.

Getting far in a difficult game and losing your save data.

You're about to beat a really hard game and the electricity suddenly goes out.

You're normally fantastic at a legendarily difficult game, and want to show off your amazing abilities for friends, but this time you're totally sucking and dying left and right. You try to explain that you're actually good at this, while your friend keeps saying "uh huh, sure you are" in a patronizing manner and patting you on the head.

You head into a vintage game store and you're excited to see a wall of NES games, but a closer look reveals that they're all "Top Gun" and "Captain Skyhawk".

Shit happens. I can relate to all of those things.

Just yesterday I discovered that the low profile battery holder I installed circa 2012 in my MarioRPG broke a connection pin to the motherboard. It's easily fixable with a blob of solder but last time I played I had just made it to Smithy's fortress (final area of the game) and now I will have to start all over again... :_(