IGNORED

New art/utility piece for the game room

So I started a project for the game room probably about a year ago that I never got around to finishing. It's one of the elements I wanted completed as a part of the criteria of calling the room 'complete' (though it still have a few items remaining.

With the turn of the new year, and some free time over the past week, I've dedicated myself to finally completing said project.

While it isn't yet complete, it's pretty darned close. So with that I begin the chronicle of my latest project and it all started with a simple clock....

gallery_30607_1567_15452.jpg

I'll add more pictures over the next few days leading to the completion of the project and installation in the game cave...

So my original intention was to create a piece to fill this section of the wall (on left).

med_gallery_30607_1567_1377085.jpg

I wanted to have a clock there and scoured Pinterest and Etsy for solutions but didn't really find anything that I liked.

So, while playing Demon Attack on my 7800 one night, inspiration struck...

I sketched out a plan, bought some wood, and cut a hole in that wood using a jigsaw. The hole didn't turn out so well and I wasn't pleased with the results leading to the project going dormant for the better part of a year.

Last week, I picked up that piece of wood and decided I needed to try again and finish it. So I added some bracing around the hole and built a box.

med_gallery_30607_1567_612584.jpg

Having used my router before during the construction of the control panel for my MAME cabinet, I had better luck in rounding off corners...

med_gallery_30607_1567_770864.jpg

Edited by bikeguychicago