IGNORED

Wanted: Atari 2600 Jr with S-Video and Composite video

Esper Wizard

Hello:

I'm tired of passing the signal from my Atari 2600 through a VCR, setting the monitor to the correct channel, and then enduring the lousy image from the RF cable. I would like to buy an Atari 2600 Jr console with the S-Video and Composite video mod, like the one Electronic Sentimentalities sells. I sent him an email on December 20, 2015, and he hasn't answered yet. The email didn't bounce, so he got it. Would he be able to see my message here? Or would somebody else be able to provide the same service?

I want to buy specifically the Atari 2600 Jr because it is the smallest fully compatible console.

I presume I will be able to use the Harmony Cart with the modded console without problems. I will buy that after I buy the console.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

After waiting for more than a month and not receiving an answer, I went ahead and bought from eBay an Atari 2600 Jr with only S-Video (no composite). I also ordered a Harmony Cartridge. The console should arrive a lot sooner than the Harmony since they only ship the Harmony once a week and I placed the order right after the day Harmonies are usually shipped. That's alright; that's a good excuse to test the individual cartridges I already have. I will see how it goes.

Edited by Esper Wizard

The Atari 2600 Jr arrived yesterday. I tested it yesterday and today with several cartridges. It works very well and the image looks very beautiful. The image is not as sharp as if it were a VGA image, although compared with the image from an RF cable the difference is like night and day. I also don't have to set it up to the right channel, like before.

I was also impressed with how little that console was. The original (Woodgrain) Atari 2600 was as big as the original XBox. This model is a little bit smaller than the Genesis Model 1 I also have. This is now my favorite 2600 model by far. You guys can keep all your Heavy Sixers. :-)

I should've bought it a long time ago, although it is my experience that I do things when I am ready. Anyway, I'm sure I will greatly enjoy my console (the first console I ever had, revisited) and will play with it a lot more often than I did before.

Once my Harmony Cart arrives I will post about it on a thread inside the "Harmony Cartridge" subforum here.