IGNORED

Donkey Kong for the Colecovision UN-OPEN SEAL Box!

Atariboy2600

In 2014 after my roommated passaway I had alot of gaming stuff in storage under his name but as I moved out and try to get the my game collection seem my roommated llate on rent and lost all my gaming stuff that also mean I lost all my old Colecovistion system and games.

Well some time ago some one send me a Colecovision system and 5 old games Buck Rogers, Burgertimes, Carnival, Popeyes, and Qbert games but no Doneky Kong and so seem some one send me a unopen box game of DK and I never knew there was a Box game in real life. I never seen this before and have very little info on it. So again how rare is this game? And also I think safe that I should NOT open this game at all right?

Heres some photo of the DK box game.

post-5587-0-54437300-1454216800_thumb.jpg

post-5587-0-54665000-1454216835_thumb.jpg

post-5587-0-20254500-1454216872_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

There has been one on eBay that someone has been trying to sell for what seems like FOREVER for $399. I'll be shocked if the guy ever gets that price for it. So that gives you at least some idea.

Also, these were made since the Adam computer did not ship with Donkey Kong so that's the main reason why these exist. I've seen at least a handful of them show up on eBay over the last year as an open box and they probably get around $100.

So rare to find one still sealed but probably not that rare to find a boxed copy of it.

I believe very few were made (in comparison to other games) as DK was bundled with the CV console. There were thousands of unsold mint condition CV games from the 80's, some Ebay sellers are selling off the stock they purchased back in the crash right now on ebay (pixelperfect), however, even he only owns one boxed copy of DK in mint condition. There is an AA (forget who it is) member that makes a great replica box, on the cheap, packaged with the manual and cleaned up cart and warranty card for those who just want something to fill that blank spot in the collection, every once in a while someone try's to pawn it off as an original on ebay but the guy who makes it is completely up front about it being a replica and makes it clear that it's just a fun hobby.

Here are three of my NOT mint condition versions for CV, Atari and INTV: - PS ...I still remember the disappointed feeling I had as a kid playing the Intellivision version of DK back in the day, I felt totally ripped off ; (

gallery_24718_1287_106969.jpg

I remember seeing those and thinking, why would anyone buy that? That's like paying full retail for a copy of 2600 Combat. However many of these they made, I bet most of them were still unsold at the end of the 1980's.

A ton of these showed up several years ago and cheap ($15) from Jack Berg Sales. I was surprised to see how quickly they were snapped up since every CV sold had one included as best I could tell, so I didn't buy one. I figured it was a post-Adam release for those who bought the standalone Adam and never owned a ColecoVision. Now, I guess the novelty of it and the rarity make it sought after. I tried to find one for a couple of years before finally giving up as it wasn't worth more than $75 to me. You can still see the website listing at the link below, and they still appear to have some Colecovision & other classic console stuff, too.

http://www.jackbergsales.com/toys/NintendoDonkeyKongforColecovision.htm

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A ton of these showed up several years ago and cheap ($15) from Jack Berg Sales. I was surprised to see how quickly they were snapped up since every CV sold had one included as best I could tell, so I didn't buy one. I figured it was a post-Adam release for those who bought the standalone Adam and never owned a ColecoVision. Now, I guess the novelty of it and the rarity make it sought after. I tried to find one for a couple of years before finally giving up as it wasn't worth more than $75 to me. You can still see the website listing at the link below, and they still appear to have some Colecovision & other classic console stuff, too.

http://www.jackbergsales.com/toys/NintendoDonkeyKongforColecovision.htm

Oh ya, I remember these... I bought one and it looked like it was run over by a Mack truck, though it may have been the envelope it was shipped in... Definitely ask for more pictures if you're looking to buy NIB...

• 5 months later...

Need help on some info on this box game.

For months I been trying to find out how much in value on a sealed box DK game for Colecovision and I have no luck, also just last week or so I got to a point I almost open the box game just to play Dk on Colecovision for real, I still dont have a copy of the game and have only 7 or so CV carts Im so dying on playing the old DK game on my old TV set and I cant fine any copy where I live, theres not many if any retro gaming store that sales any old Colecovision games at all. What should I do I mean I may has well sell the box game for a used DK cart plus many other old Coelcovision games like Zaxxon, Smurf, DKjr, Frenzy, Turbo with the Wheel.

Or just hang on to it and hope to fine those old Coleco stuff someday. And no telling just play DK on an emulator you know in your heart its not the same as playing the real game>:)

Need help on some info on this box game.

For months I been trying to find out how much in value on a sealed box DK game for Colecovision and I have no luck, also just last week or so I got to a point I almost open the box game just to play Dk on Colecovision for real, I still dont have a copy of the game and have only 7 or so CV carts Im so dying on playing the old DK game on my old TV set and I cant fine any copy where I live, theres not many if any retro gaming store that sales any old Colecovision games at all. What should I do I mean I may has well sell the box game for a used DK cart plus many other old Coelcovision games like Zaxxon, Smurf, DKjr, Frenzy, Turbo with the Wheel.

Or just hang on to it and hope to fine those old Coleco stuff someday. And no telling just play DK on an emulator you know in your heart its not the same as playing the real game> :)

If I were you, I would do two things:

1) If you don't mind owning only the game cartridge, I would check out the following thread. The seller is very reputable around here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/168225-fs-colecovision-adam-cartridges-overlays-accessories-etc/

2) If the above doesn't solve your problem, just post a request in the "Marketplace - Wanted" section of the AtariAge forums. I'll be really surprised if someone can't help you get the (rather common) games you want.