IGNORED

Dino Dudes

Mendon

Okay.... needed a break from Iron Soldier II and thought I'd give this game a try. Breezed thru Lvl's 1-6 and enjoyed the game... until I got to Lvl 7. Stuck and frustrated.

Its called "Mind How You Go" (password Wagon Whell), a winter lvl and you have to get a torch and burn a bush to get to a ladder. You climb the ladder and there is a ledge with a yellow block on it, which I assume is where you have to go. But there is a wall/barrier between you and the yellow block. I've tried burning the wall, hitting it with a spear, killing the wandering caveman (who has a spear and will kill you with it), and looking all over the lvl for someway to get past the barrier but for the life of me I can't figure out what to do.

I'm probably dumb or blind, or both but I'm stuck; anyone remember what you have to do to complete this lvl?

Thanks in advance!

Mendon

Down on the lower right ledge (w/ a small waterfall) there's a bump you need to put a Dude on. It's white but plain to see. As soon as you step on it, the screen pans up to show the wall dissolve (if you're not watching you'll miss it). You need to keep the Dude on the bump to finish.

This is a great game. Too bad it wasn't more popular- maybe because it was a "thinking" game?

THANK YOU very very much. I saw the ledge but did NOT notice that little white square that you had to stand on. Should have examined it much more closely, I guess, as the ledge had to be there for a reason but I never put 2+2 together. I now know to look for other things in each level other than the plainly obvious.

Thanks again!

Mendon

Dino Dudes rules on the Jag!!!  

I agree; I'm enjoying it a LOT more than what I ever expected. I got frustrated when I couldn't figure out how to get past Lvl 7 (still can't believe I didn't notice the little white square) but now that I'm past it, I'm having a blast.

My only wish regarding the game is that there had been an actual save feature. I got the Pass Word list but I wish that you could actually save your game, you know the amount of men you have, the score you compiled so far etc. But then maybe those aren't important in a game like this as just figuring out how to complete the levels is reward enough. :)

I've thought about picking up Lemmings for the Lynx as I enjoyed it on the ST.. my only wonder is whether it is easy to SEE everything on the small Lynx screen. If memory serves, the farther you get into the game the more icon's and such are displayed on the screen and I always wondered how it came out on the Lynx.

Mendon

They did a good job with Lemmings and Dino Olympics on the handheld.

You can zoom/pan to see everything you need to.

Dino Dudes will get real tough in the last few levels - I think there are 86?

Keep your eyes open for the obvious and you'll make it through 'em!

A save feature would have been decent, I haven't played it in a while, but I do recall writing passwords down - same as most Lynx titles.

Mendon- do you have the manual? It mentions the "bump" as a switch for the stone block(s), described as a shallow depression, but they're not really that at all. "Sometimes they come in bright happy colors, sometimes...are hard to find."

Some hints: you don't always have to kill an enemy tribesman, but to get his useful spear: if there's a down ladder nearby, stand by & wait for the enemy to approach & throw. Quickly step down the ladder to dodge it, then go back up & get the spear!

Don't waste time watching a Dude climb a long ladder. If your plan requires it, switch Dudes as he climbs, saving precious time, as beating levels often depends on the last few seconds.

Some "goal blocks" have plants on either side- park a Dude in front of them before finishing for 1000 pts each!

One thing I found by accident is that you don't actually need to remember the last password when you come back to the game.. Goto the password screen and click the "LP" button. This automatically enteres the password for the last level you obtained.

Saves on bits of paper :) is a cool game, I like the music :)

One thing I found by accident is that you don't actually need to remember the last password when you come back to the game

THANK YOU very very much! Didn't even know that existed. I was just typing in the code word and playing. Doing it that way didn't keep my existing score or the number of "Dudes" I had left. But hitting the LP button puts it back to where I was the last time I played. Thanks!

Mendon- do you have the manual

Nope... just the cart. But since I read your posts and RJ's, I found a scan of the manual and now know more of what I'm doing ;)

I won't tell you I'm stuck again.... but I'm gonna try and solve this one myself.

Thanks to all for your posts and help.

Mendon

Archived