IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - YouTube bound

RSS Bot

So I wake up to find a copyright strike against my YouTube account. Since I don't want any more, I've decided to delete the whole account and start over again. Since the account has over 1,000 subscribers, I've given a weeks' notice about my decision. Over the 8 years I've had the account, I've seen drastic changes to the way YouTube operates, and since I have a whole bunch of advertisements, As the World Turns episodes, and other stuff I didn't create, I just thought it was time to take my ball and go home while I still have the chance to. So I took down the remaining parts of the offending videos (an episode of Days of Our Lives, for some odd reason), and if I get another copyright notice, I'll delete the site earlier than expected, I guess Days of Our Lives was offensive to the company because they still make new episodes of the show. I guess that's it since nobody really cares about the As the World Turns ones (it ended in 2010.) So anyway, once the YouTube account is deleted, I will open another one with a fresh start (hopefully), and will post the episode of A Bird and a Sign once I'm finished making the first episode. I hate big media and their uncaring stance towards people who just want to post their stuff. I didn't monetize it, I didn't advertise it, they're not losing any money, so why care? If all goes well and someone decides they have the need to say they created my Bird and Sign episode, I'd be honored, not offended. (it will say I made it at the end, but who knows?) Besides, the original concept was to put ads from KWVT on it, and it expanded to what I have now for some reason. Because of this expansion of the concept and the copyright strike, I've decided I've had it. They could have just notified me like the other companies did, but noooooo. The stupid morons decided to devalue my account.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-12709-youtube-bound/