IGNORED

Canadian vs US power supply issues

ubersaurus

I have an old US Colecovision power supply that game with my system, but I've been interested in replacing it for a while - it's been buzzing, and given the periodic graphical screwups I've been concerned that the issue is that power supply dying. I finally bit the bullet and bought a Canadian supply on ebay that was listed as tested and working, etc.

Well when I got it and plugged it in, nothing happened. The game screen didn't pop up (though the static patterns on my tv changed slightly). I complained to the seller, who sent me another one he had available... same issue. Now one bad supply could happen, sure, but getting two seems a bit weird.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong, and how I could test that and fix it? The US supply still boots up the system, so I'm inclined to think it's related to the Canadian supplies themselves... unless there's an issue on the power jack's pins or something.

If your CV system works with your old (U.S.) power supply and does not with these newly purchased Canadian power supplies, then the issue is with the seller and hopefully you can get a refund. There's always the slimmest of possibilities that there could be an issue with your CV, but it's a stretch considering what you explained above.

BTW, many of us in the States have used the Canadian power supplies for years on our CVs.