IGNORED

RIP Les Player (Atari UK).

' Les Player passed away last Wednesday. Les was diagnosed with Leukaemia towards the middle of last year and underwent a few rounds of chemotherapy. It looked as though he was in remission, but unfortunately the cancer returned and he had to recommence chemo this year. Les passed away in hospital last week while undergoing treatment, he maintained a public blog at http://www.lesplayer.com/blog/whichdetails his illness etc'

I have just recieved this information from another ex-Atari UK source and i am so sad to have to report this.Les was 1 of my earliest interviews and such an utter pleasure to chat to, both for the interview and for addt.questions afterwards.All that remains of the interview is here:

http://www.grumpyoldgamers.co.uk/index.php?/topic/2655-les-player-interview/

My thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and family of Les at this most difficult time.

His kindness towards myself will not be forgotten.

Incredibly sad news to hear when one of the main stream players passes away, his legacy of kick starting software development in the UK and Europe will never be forgotten for his contribution to the Atari ST scene.

R.I.P Mr.Player, your up there now with Jack and boys attending the Atari heaven reunion