IGNORED

New 4MB RAM expansion

Simius

I simply wait for the arrival of the 64GB RAM enhancement, the 65864 (64Bit) CPU, as well as the NVidea-Radeon gfx-board and the THX-pro 9.1 soundboard... but will only buy them, if there is SDX and Covox included... ;-)

More seriously, I would prefer a 1MB RAM enhancement, that is as small as yours, works without soldering and uses the standard 6502C CPU. (The upgrade should come without any flashchip onboard, so there is no need to ever update it.) Alternatively, maybe you could combine your new IDE Plus 2.0 version with a 1MB RAM upgrade ?!?

Edited by CharlieChaplin

I simply wait for the arrival of the 64GB RAM enhancement, the 65864 (64Bit) CPU, as well as the NVidea-Radeon gfx-board and the THX-pro 9.1 soundboard... but will only buy them, if there is SDX and Covox included... ;-)

More seriously, I would prefer a 1MB RAM enhancement, that is as small as yours, works without soldering and uses the standard 6502C CPU. (The upgrade should come without any flashchip onboard, so there is no need to ever update it.) Alternatively, maybe you could combine your new IDE Plus 2.0 version with a 1MB RAM upgrade ?!?

I like the upgrade as-is. The only thing I would like better is an 816 with 16MB linear RAM, and no banked RAM, no OSes, and no MMU connection. This would make it compatible with U1Meg.

• Like 1

I like the upgrade as-is. The only thing I would like better is an 816 with 16MB linear RAM, and no banked RAM, no OSes, and no MMU connection. This would make it compatible with U1Meg.

That makes a huge difference with 65816 specific programs. You have limitations (data bank, stack bank, etc...) but you can actually run big applications and the memory management can be handled by a compiler. The 65816 setup is far from ideal, but it's workable.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have scanned through the posts here, but have not seen a projected price per unit yet. I'm certainly in the market for a memory expansion, but am aiming at something around £40 at most, so would need to know how this excellent mod measures up in that regards. Otherwise this seems an excellent mod and I find it very compelling!!!

I have scanned through the posts here, but have not seen a projected price per unit yet. I'm certainly in the market for a memory expansion, but am aiming at something around £40 at most, so would need to know how this excellent mod measures up in that regards. Otherwise this seems an excellent mod and I find it very compelling!!!

See Post #1...

• Like 1

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/249405-new-4mb-ram-expansion/?do=findComment&comment=3446340

He's from Poland and he gave a price of $60USD. At today's rates, that's £42.24. Close to your price range. :)

• Like 1

See Post #1...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/249405-new-4mb-ram-expansion/?do=findComment&comment=3446340

He's from Poland and he gave a price of $60USD. At today's rates, that's £42.24. Close to your price range. :)

You are both right chaps! My apologies - I was a bit foxed by the 'Supposed $60' and wondered if things had changed once Simius had gone in to production mode.

(A load of my over-excited verbiage followed here which contributed nothing. It has been edited out for sanity.)

• Like 1

New 4MB RAM upgrade is appeared.

Features:

1. W65C816 CPU (standard 1.77/1.79 MHz clock)

2. 4MB configurable RAM

3. 512kB Flash ROM for 8 sets of OS+BASIC

4. 7-bit non-volatile configuration register

5. No soldering if MB socketed.

Possible RAM configurations is provided in attached document.

Should be available within 1 month, when will functional tests be complete.

Supposed price: US$60

Is somebody interested?

Hi Simius!

Please include me in for at least 2 of them!

Thanks!

Stephen J. Carden

http://www.realdos.net