IGNORED

A pocket-size Windows laptop

Flojomojo

for pretty much anything hardware (ie not a book or a video for example) crowd funding just seems to be funding the startup of a product that no one really wants, think about it, if something like this was the cats meow it would have been either absorbed by a large company, or showered with capitol investment.

• Like 1

for pretty much anything hardware (ie not a book or a video for example) crowd funding just seems to be funding the startup of a product that no one really wants, think about it, if something like this was the cats meow it would have been either absorbed by a large company, or showered with capitol investment.

This is a large company....

Either way, the good news is that they're making this regardless of it being funded or not. Considering how many people know how unreliable Indiegogo is regarding getting your money back for non-complete projects, I think it's safe to say that it's probably not the best idea to judge how many people want this by how many people are pledging cash. Seems the general consensus on other sites is that other than the GPU, the system is nice, but they'll wait to buy it at retail. For 499, I don't personally think it's worth it, so I might test my luck at the 299 backer price point. We'll see.

500 Dollars for a System with an Atom z8500 is insanely expensive. 300 bucks is fine. It's the Price of a netbook, and this is a smaller netbook. For 300 they're getting a premium, but they do have to make everything fit in there...

It's enough for playing indie games, Basic Emulation, old games, but the graphical capabilities are quite weak Overall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Although this sounds great in theory, I don't know how many people really want that "pocket computer". From the pictures, it looks more like something you'd carry in a bag and at that point, why not use a regular laptop or a netbook. There are probably more convenient ways (and cheaper) to play emulators on a device that fits in your pocket. Also, while I've used laptops with Intel HD Graphics before, those things get outdated fast.

You can pick up an HP Stream 7 for $99.00 mine came with Windows 8.1. It has a micro USB socket so you can use a detachable keyboard, mouse, or even other items like the disk drive (as pictured).

gallery_35324_1027_42925.jpg

There is one negative though, you cannot charge it and use the USB port at the same time... without spending another $99.00 on a third party gadget.

I've been using mine daily for Atari Age when I'm away from home, I've used it with my classic computer and when I want to see things BIG, I just cast the tab to one of the smart TV's or the Chromecast. It has great batter life too.

You can pick up an HP Stream 7 for $99.00 mine came with Windows 8.1. It has a micro USB socket so you can use a detachable keyboard, mouse, or even other items like the disk drive (as pictured).

gallery_35324_1027_42925.jpg

There is one negative though, you cannot charge it and use the USB port at the same time... without spending another $99.00 on a third party gadget.

I've been using mine daily for Atari Age when I'm away from home, I've used it with my classic computer and when I want to see things BIG, I just cast the tab to one of the smart TV's or the Chromecast. It has great batter life too.

Does that "floppy module" have a usb connector on it?

No promises, but you can PROBABLY find a gadget that can charge and serve as a USB host if you shop around. Something like this, for example. I've read that these things work best if Windows boots with it attached.

See

for more.
  • Like 1

No promises, but you can PROBABLY find a gadget that can charge and serve as a USB host if you shop around. Something like this, for example. I've read that these things work best if Windows boots with it attached.

See

for more.

ONE BIG THANK YOU for posting that Flojo! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I looked further down in the listing and it say's it works with the Stream 7, so I'm going to order it.

• Like 1

Verified Purchase
This was said to work with the HP Steam 7, IT DOES NOT. It recognizes the OTG but does not charge. I tried switch 2 as was recommended and when it didn't work tried 1 and 3. On none of them did it show it was charging. I completely reset the tablet with it plugged in.. nothing. With it unplugged and then plugged in after the tablet rebooted... nothing. It does not work with the HP Stream 7 tablet.

Comment 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? YesNo Report abuse

OH CRAP! I looked at the reviews... bummer!

• 2 weeks later...

That's certainly good news. Intel doesn't know how to compete in the mobile space, let alone design something power efficient. They don't need to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on corporate meetings to determine that. I'll do it for free.

The closest they came to being a leader in low-power computing was the Centrino material back in the dot-com era. And anything after that was playing catch-up.

Edited by Keatah

• 1 month later...

although it might be nice to have a smaller sized computer to play games on.

the biggest problem with this is the controls, i can't see how you are going hold this thing for hours, without worrying about batteries,

or trying to hit buttons, it's just awkward.

plugging in your own controllers would be better.

however, if you're going to do that, you might as well buy a mini laptop or a small tablet.

i have been using a surface pro 1, for a few years now. it was used, so i got it for around $300 at the time, and it's much less now.

it can play every emulator i tried, and a lot of modern games (though i don't play that many, only retrogames).

it has a kickstand, but even docked, i can hook up anything from arcade controllers, to just usb gamepads.

the graphics are 1080p, and it is touchscreen compatible.

it's more powerful than most of my desktops, since it's an i5, and it runs unthrottled most of the time.

although it's size is much larger than the ones mentioned here, i would prefer this size compared to a smaller one like this size.

later