IGNORED

Hello, fancy finding you here!

Meddler

Hello all, I am surprised to see you all here!

My excuse is that it was a rainy Sunday and I don't like things sitting around doing nothing - like that box of TI99/4A bits. I cannot remember when I last used it but a letter from TI Europe is dated 1984 so that is probably about right.

So, I am wondering what I can use it for, home automation or greenhouse control, temperature logging maybe? Then I thought to look on the internet and see what others had done and, blow my socks off, you are celebrating the start of 2016!

What's in the box?
Under it's posh brown dust-cover there it is, along with ExtBASIC, LOGO and 32KMem cartridge

(I'm guessing the battery might need changing ;) ) along with a PHA2036 and a tatty Radio Shack tape-recorder, oh, and an acoustic modem!
Well, I suppose I had better see if it still works before I embarrass myself, what-do-you know? There it goes and looking good in glorious widescreen!

Now, I am not going to tolerate that cassette recorder and it would be nice if I could use an ordinary VGA monitor.
What I would like is something like a USB stick interface and VGA output. Luckily I do have the RS232 side-car. I notice that you have not been idle since I last used the TI99/4A and the idea of using an MP3 recorder/player is inspired though still slow and whilst the F18A is a solution I would prefer to keep this a minimal cost exercise. As it happens, I live in France so I might be lucky to find a RGB adapter in the frequent garage sales.

It's really great to see you all here, along with many other active sites.
I am going to make a post to ask you what might be a good idea for waking up my favorite micro.
Best wishes to all.

• Like 4