IGNORED

NEW SEASON START MARCH 21ST + NEW POLL

GAME WEEKS CHOOSEN BY POLL OR MODERATOR?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Map out season from player choices, or by weekly Polls

• YES POLLS have a game Poll to decide what wins each two weeks
    • NO POLLS organize the season ahead of time and pick from suggestions

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

TO BE ANNOUNCED... UPDATE: HINT. COULD BE A HUMP-VISION KINDA DAY NEXT WEEK ;) ...

VOTE FOR POLLS OR NO POLLS FOR PICKING THE NEXT SEASON IN INTELLIVISION HSC

NO POLLS

PROS

SUGGESTIONS WILL BE PUT IN ORDER, AND SEASON WILL BE READY AHEAD OF TIME. I CAN SET UP BONUS ROUNDS FOR GAMES.

CONS

PLAYERS CANT CHOOSE ROUND BY ROUND, THERES NO WAY TO SEE WHICH SUGGESTIONS ARE COMING UP.

USE WEEKLY POLLS

PROS

MORE PARTICIPATION IN GAME ROUNDS, CHOICES TO PICK FROM AND A BIT MORE POWER TO THE PLAYERS.

CONS

BONUS GAMES COULD BE LESS, ... A LITTLE LESS PREPARED, POLLS CAN BE POSTED A BIT LATE.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

I guess Jacob is the new moderator? Thank you for taking that seat.

Thanks pat and Ign :)

I saw you guys were wondering about new mod. I waited for someone else to jump, but Lid mentioned the post of Al's, looking for someone to take over but haven't yet, I read it... Albert was online ... I PM'ed him interested, and here I am.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 1

agree with Ignorama, I like to just get surprised with a new game to play.

+ would like to see a homebrew or two

also I thought the Blowout was already overwith.

Lord you are correct....! roadrunner swapt it... and looks lonely in that post. :o

We will have a new season starting I'm going to give it at most a week to let people prepare their machines or game/rules, and also my ideas :)

TODAYS NEW POLL, POLL CLOSES AFTER NEW SEASON STARTS.

NO POLLS

PROS

SUGGESTIONS WILL BE PUT IN ORDER, AND SEASON WILL BE READY AHEAD OF TIME. I CAN SET UP BONUS ROUNDS FOR GAMES.

CONS

PLAYERS CANT CHOOSE ROUND BY ROUND, THERES NO WAY TO SEE WHICH SUGGESTIONS ARE COMING UP.

USE WEEKLY POLLS

PROS

MORE PARTICIPATION IN GAME ROUNDS, CHOICES TO PICK FROM AND A BIT MORE POWER TO THE PLAYERS.

CONS

BONUS GAMES COULD BE LESS, ... A LITTLE LESS PREPARED, POLLS CAN BE POSTED A BIT LATE.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

I think having polls will be cumbersome and there is the chance of pissing someone off from week to week as people vie for their favourite games. With no polls, all that heartache is done and out of the way once at the beginning, and people will just go with what's there for the rest of the season.

Besides, I voted for "No Polls," so that should be the deciding factor. ;) :grin:

How long does a round last? I hope not just a week. Two would be fine, one week would be very short.

MOD INTERCEPTION;

2 WEEKS, NEW GAME STARTS UP EACH MONDAY OR "THE MIDDLE" OF EVERY GAME ROUND.

New Rules here

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/250670-intellvision-high-score-club-rules-regulations/

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 1

Pretty old thread, still bad scoring system. So I am not sure if all this is still correct and I hope it isnt.

No that will be updated when I sort out the new rules which will become in effect TODAY :) I went ahead and broke the tied vote and WE WILL HAVE POLLS AT THIS HSC. At least for Season 7....!

NEW RULES APPLIED;

Welcome to the NEW Intellivision High Score Competiton aka (HSC)

- Every week a NEW game cycle starts Monday - it is chosen from the Game Poll. Its a two week contest but with a new game starting inbetween on Mondays! Game rounds close on Sunday 12:00AM (Midnight Eastern Time Zone). You have a total of "two weeks" time to submit a valid score for each game. (Any exceptions will be noted)

- To join the club, all you need to do is submit a score. Feel free to jump in at any time! You will be added to rankings,

and to keep an impressive ranking you should play as many games as possible, and of course you can ignore ranking and play for fun.

- Use the same skill level as posted so that all the scores will be accurate. New scores only, only submit scores from

the game round that is currently running at the Intellvision HSC.

- Screenshots of your score are not necessary but are encouraged for higher scores.

(Exceptions to this will be noted, such as special contests etc.)

- The point distribution for high scores is as follows:

1st place = 15 points

2nd place = 14 points

3rd place = 13 points

4th place = 12 points

5th place = 11 points

6th place = 10 points

7th place = 9 points

8th place = 8 points

9th place = 7 points

10th place = 6 points

11th place = 5 points

12th place = 4 points

13th place = 3 points

14th place = 2 points

15th place and on 1 point

Points and if any Bonus points will all be counted and added to each players ranking.

- Games can be played on real hardware or via emulators.

- Please do not cheat or abuse bugs/glitches in the games!

- Excessive Point Leeching is not allowed (aka camping forever to nail something instead of advancing in a game to a higher level)

- Suggestions/changes to game play for a specific game, and/or a challenge to a ruling are to be made in a

Private Message to those involved, as to not clutter the competition thread. The thread is for score submissions, etc and not for complaints, etc.

-

If you have any suggestions on how to make this a more enjoyable time for everyone, you may post any questions or suggestions here in this thread!

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 2