IGNORED

PRO ( C ) ATARI - Issue 9

powersoft

Dear ATARIans...

here is a message from Germany to the mighty Atari cosmos...

Later today I put online to pre-order already

PRO ( C ) ATARI Magazine - Issue 9

in german and english edition

Shipping starts: 15.03.2016

Would bne cool to have than already in some pre-orders.

Thanks for your support.

But what you see on the new cover by mighty KAZ?

Well, this amazing pixel-artist done again a great work.

You see a scene out of "Curse Of The Lost Miner" plus "Zeppelin" plus "Mighty Jill Off"

All three games in one title screen looks amazing, eh?

So this is the content of this new issue:

ZEPPELIN Review

THE MIGHTY JILL OFF Review

CURSE OF THE LOST MINER: UNDERGROUND MADNESS CHALLENGE Review

From down under again a nice

TIME FOR A QUICKIE featuring Wing Wars, Admirandus and Air Hockey

Also a nice report from the trip to Hanau (Atari 8bit Meeting in Germany) 1993 within

REMEMBER STICHTING POKEY

SPEED HAWK Review

PRO ( C ) REPLAY is a nice feature digging out some games from former issues and review them with an eye from yet unknown game

plus sure thing the magazine-into-the-magazine...

The cover-disc images with new software for your Atari XL/XE

plus a lot of more infos and manuals on this onto the disc image.

...and I thank for every support in any way, like purchasing the magazine next to e.g. the music CD from POISON or the new limited boxed edition of BOMBER.

any questions?

gt in touch with me...

available is the magazine here:

www.proc-atari.de

post-38004-0-61608400-1457469550_thumb.jpg

post-38004-0-60136100-1457469565_thumb.jpg

post-38004-0-60658200-1457469606_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

My thoughts...

1) An Aussie (and Ex-Brit) playing Admirandus (a Wheel of Fortune game with german words)... this will be fun !

2) The cover of the new issue is great, KAZ !

3) Hopefully you are reviewing the (shortened) MJO version without the Lesbo/BDSM pics. So the review can concentrate more on the game itself than on the intro...

4) Regarding Caverns/Curse of the lost Miner, during XMAS holidays, I dug out good old "Superminer" by KE and played it several times (until I finished the game). Even my children (5 and 8 years old) got interested in this game, so I looked for a ML-File version, flashed it on the SIC! cart. and they began playing it. They are more and more playing with the A8 now (not only educational games, but also Superminer, Johnny the Ghost and others), allthough they do have a Nintendo 3DS.

Edited by CharlieChaplin
  • Like 2

JOHNNY THE GHOST was a GREAT game with nice gameplay...

Just meet the past two years the coders, the Gitzel brothers on two retro markets.

We talked about those great times back, also handled in the Trip To Hanau article in this issue...

I like those covers when already know what is IN the magazine so our mighty KAZ can do cover like a package design, show on the cover what is inisde...

Thans for your pre-orders and support....!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Really enjoyed issue #9 :thumbsup:

I also ordered Bomber and a T-Shirt. The Bomber package is very nice and I think is the way to go for other releases should we be so lucky. A small box, nicely printed, as is the disk label (not just stickers); though there is a sticker included with a download option too.

post-19705-0-96555400-1460240268_thumb.jpg

Any feedback welcome or suggestions for something you would like to see covered in the Mag :)

• Like 1

Really enjoyed issue #9 :thumbsup:

I also ordered Bomber and a T-Shirt. The Bomber package is very nice and I think is the way to go for other releases should we be so lucky. A small box, nicely printed, as is the disk label (not just stickers); though there is a sticker included with a download option too.

attachicon.gifProC Mag Issue9.jpg

Any feedback welcome or suggestions for something you would like to see covered in the Mag :)

I too got Bomber and the Issue... Have yet to purchase a shirt, how is the one you got TRBB?

I too got Bomber and the Issue... Have yet to purchase a shirt, how is the one you got TRBB?

I have had 3 (2 for gifts). All good quality.

If it's any help:

Issue #1 MEDIUM is 18" (46cm) measuring across under the armpits (laid flat on a table minus a person inside it!)

27" (69cm) from the top of the neck at the back to the bottom hem

I think issue #1 Medium was slightly smaller than issue #3 Medium

Issue #4 LARGE is 21" (54cm) measuring across under the armpits (picture above)

28.5" (72cm) from the top of the neck at the back to the bottom hem

:)

Having someone tell me about the artwork on those covers and the mag being about atari8 I probably would have scoffed as I typically hate seeing current day media associated with atari stuff --- but those covers look BRILLIANT and they translate the retro into current day in a very tasteful and respectful manner...

Kudos... Are the magazines purely about gaming/demos or are there technical/hardware articles as well?

• Like 1

Having someone tell me about the artwork on those covers and the mag being about atari8 I probably would have scoffed as I typically hate seeing current day media associated with atari stuff --- but those covers look BRILLIANT and they translate the retro into current day in a very tasteful and respectful manner...

Kudos... Are the magazines purely about gaming/demos or are there technical/hardware articles as well?

Hi Doctor_X,

I love the covers! They tend to inspire something in me whenever I see them.

As for the content, it is mainly about gaming and demos yes. I don't believe that this is set in stone though. Markus (Powersoft) who writes a lot of articles for it is a gaming person. I contribute a few things about games too. If you're interested in writing anything technical/hardware, let Markus know and then see if he would like an article like this. If you're just interested in reading such articles, perhaps someone else could ask Markus?

Steve

• Like 1

:thumbsup:

If people (here!) sent in other articles I'm sure some of them would appear - anyone who has a thread going could turn that into a 1 pager of interest :)

• 2 weeks later...