IGNORED

What are you playing on PS Vita?

Bixler

Since there's a thread for what people are playing on the 3DS, I figured I might as well fire one up for the PS Vita. A great handheld gaming console. :)

I just finished up Killzone: Mercenaries, which I thought was a superb FPS. The story was shallow and corny (classic Killzone), but the gameplay was tight, the visuals were stunning, and the game featured a number of awesome set pieces. The last boss was a pain in the ass though. Maybe I just approached it wrong, but that thing took me half an hour to slog through.

I'm playing through the Sly Cooper Collection that I received for Christmas, specifically the first Sly Cooper game. It's a delightful platformer that I skipped over on the PS2, and can't believe I did. Great fun!

How about you guys?

I mainly play The Download Game on my Vita. Every two weeks, there are a bunch of new free games on Playstation Plus. I download them to my Vita, fill up the small proprietary card, and rarely play them. Sometimes, I move the bubbles around and put them into categories.

I wish I had more time for video games. Especially on the Vita, which is so cute and awesome.

Right now, my favorite Vita games are Nidhogg (awesome fast swordfighting with Atari-style graphics) and Super Star Wars (the SNES game, redone with trophies and checkpoints). Two excellent conversions by Code Mystics.

Tekken 6 and Star Wars Battlefront II are some standby games. PSP games look great on Vita.

• Like 1

I wish I had more time for video games. Especially on the Vita, which is so cute and awesome.

Yeah, same. There are so many wonderful Vita games, but so many of the better ones take forever to get through. I'd rather play more games in shorter chunks that take less time to beat than far longer games, which – given my limited free time to play games – take me months to get through (see: any JRPG).

Not like I'm in any rush though.

Edited by Bixler

Yeah, same. There are so many wonderful Vita games, but so many of the better ones take forever to get through. I'd rather play more games in shorter chunks that take less time to beat than far longer games, which – given my limited free time to play games – take me months to get through (see: any JRPG).

Not like I'm in any rush though.

I have Final Fantasy 1 through 10 for PSP and Vita if I ever need to kill a PhD degree's worth of time. I buy these things thinking, "wouldn't it be fun to just play one long game like the die-hards do?"

I played some sould sacrifice. Got it a while back. Funny that it's a hard game to get your Hands on since it was a PS plus game early on I guess everybody has iot digital and they just stopped production of the physical released. I didin#t Play all that much yet though.

I always check out the PS+ games. This month's games didn't do much for me, though, although Reality Fighters is mildly amusing.

Lately I've been between games on my Vita, although I picked up a ton of easy trophies on Taco Master recently (12+ in less than an hour :) )

My default game on the Vita is still TxK. Haven't played but probably will Danganrompa as well.

I beat Muramasa rebirth about a year ago and last month I played this weird game called Murasaki Baby, got stuck in a puzzle section where I had no idea what to do and never went back. No walkthroughs for it.

Also played this horror RPG called Corpse Party but again got stuck on a timed sequence if I remember.

So many games that get left behind because they are too hard or I just dont have the time without some kind of FAQ.

Bless those FAQ writers. :P

I have Pinball Arcade on the PS3, Vita, and PS4 since you get a discount buying on multiple systems. For some reason, I think I have gotten most of my top scores on the Vita. Perhaps it's the perfect little triggers, or being close to the screen.. not really sure, but it is very fun.

I have Pinball Arcade on the PS3, Vita, and PS4 since you get a discount buying on multiple systems. For some reason, I think I have gotten most of my top scores on the Vita. Perhaps it's the perfect little triggers, or being close to the screen.. not really sure, but it is very fun.

Yeah, I like the immersiveness of the Vita versions a lot. For me, it's Zen Pinball and the Star Wars tables. They're objectively better on a big tablet, but the little Vita is more fun to hold.

• Like 1

I'm disappointed that the one game I play almost daily, MLB 15, won't be getting a 16 Vita version. It looks like just PS4 and PS3. Pity, and obviously a bad sign for future Vita support, particularly since the 15 version was a budget digital only release. They couldn't even bother to do that this year.

There's a huge PSN flash sale going on right now (ends Monday morning, so get on it!). I just paid two dollars for a game called Monster Monpiece, but I'm almost afraid to play it. I guess you have to simulate masturbation with the Vita to make the characters' clothes fall off?

(Hey, it was cheap, okay?)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...