IGNORED

MYSTIC CASTLE by Intelligentvision now available - ROM

Rev

I am still debating on releasing Super Pro Baseball. Feedback I received was that that I made the game to hard. If I make it much easier, I will not enjoy it.

Sorry but I will not be doing any more CIB games. I understand only few of you enjoy the ROMs.

If tweaking it will make you enjoy the game less then don't do it! As far as not releasing any more CIB games, that's just fine with me as this Ultimate Intellivision is the way to go for the future, I think! Keep those ROMs coming and keep up the good work on tweaking some of the more difficult Intellivision games to make them more enjoyable for us! :)

Edited by atarifan88

If tweaking it will make you enjoy the game less then don't do it! As far as not releasing any more CIB games, that's just fine with me as this Ultimate Intellivision is the way to go for the future, I think! Keep those ROMs coming and keep up the good work on tweaking some of the more difficult Intellivision games to make them more enjoyable for us! :)

This. Loving the hacked roms that have been showing up of late!

This. Loving the hacked roms that have been showing up of late!

Rick, thanks for all your input on the Intellivisionaries episode for Thunder Castle. That's one of the reasons I stuck with Thunder Castle. I knew there was fun game in there somewhere! :)

But having played Mystic Castle now, I don't think I'll want to go back to Thunder Castle anytime soon! I think your enthusiasm for the game has worn on me as of late. This thing is so addicting, it's getting almost impossible to put down! Or at least until the episode for Space Spartans comes out... :grin:

Thanks Save2600 and Atarifan88.

There was a lack of seriousness with updating Utopia so I stoped the work on it. I never played Utopia so I really do not know what tweaks would make it better.

I believe the Ultimate Intellivision is the way to go with gaming. It has become the only way I play games now. I do still enjoy the games I released as they are forefront on display in my office. I think Ms. NightStalker is my favorite artwork. There is one small oversight on it though but I live with it :)

What other games need to be tweaked? I never got into Deadly Disc but I think it might be more fun if the men moved faster as did the disc. I had Maze-a-Tron as a kid.

SP Baseball is a tough one for me to tune to make it fun. Championship Baseball was very well done and my real complaints with it were:

- slow pitching; easy to steal bases

- to many homeruns were hit

- the computer runners seemed to stupid trying to steal when the pitcher had the ball and would turn around even though they would have made the next base.

I had thought this game could see a cart release but there are already enough cart releases of Baseball.

Here is the full list of changes. Wow...it has already been 2.5 years since I made these changes. I think it is time to release it.

; - The game stats are displayed by pressing ENTER and cleared by hitting CLEAR
; - Left side button restores location of player, right side button sets new location
; - The computer hits more flies than line drives and even less bunts
; - The computer pitches more fast balls
; - There are 5 different speeds of slow pitches and 5 different speeds of fast pitches
; - The winner is displayed when the game ends
; - There are no options to the game. There is only fast speed play!
; - The STRIKE and BALL message shows how many
; - Players are positioned in different locations. Can still be moved by the player
; - 1,2, and computer played are selected by using the keypad on the title screen
; - The success rate of hitting a homerun is lower
; - Runner keeps running and turns around when the baseman catches the ball
; - Computer hits more often
; - Steal only when a player does not have the ball

• Like 6

Rick, thanks for all your input on the Intellivisionaries episode for Thunder Castle. That's one of the reasons I stuck with Thunder Castle. I knew there was fun game in there somewhere! :)

But having played Mystic Castle now, I don't think I'll want to go back to Thunder Castle anytime soon! I think your enthusiasm for the game has worn on me as of late. This thing is so addicting, it's getting almost impossible to put down! Or at least until the episode for Space Spartans comes out... :grin:

Thanks for the kind words! I definitely enjoy Mystic Castle more than Thunder Castle as well. I pulled Thunder Castle out of my "top 10 games" list on my CC3 and put Mystic Castle in its place! :)

• Like 1

What other games need to be tweaked? I never got into Deadly Disc but I think it might be more fun if the men moved faster as did the disc. I had Maze-a-Tron as a kid.

If there is any game that needs fixing its Tron Maze-a-tron. Not sure why people say Thunder Castle is too difficult; with the grail you can kill anything, the crown helps too. I've gotten through the three mazes and I don't even play that much. Once I get through the third maze I feel I've won. Not saying intvdave's hack isn't more fun.

Hoping the Intellivision home brew community take notice of this. Thanks for giving us the option to purchase the rom. I don't own an Intellivision system as I have just way too many other systems I can barely keep my head above water towards with their own home brews. Releasing a rom version is a godsend,thank you. :thumbsup:

Now can we please have the full version of Space Patrol released on rom also? Please? :D ;)

• Like 1

If there is any game that needs fixing its Tron Maze-a-tron. Not sure why people say Thunder Castle is too difficult; with the grail you can kill anything, the crown helps too. I've gotten through the three mazes and I don't even play that much. Once I get through the third maze I feel I've won. Not saying intvdave's hack isn't more fun.

Getting through the first 3 mazes of Thunder Castle is easy. Let me know when you pass the 12th maze. On the 10th maze, your knight moves the same speed as the dragon, wizards, and rats. You are far from winning after the first 3 mazes.

• Like 1

Three mazes is enough for me. I like games where you either win or lose. Some of the programmers at Mattel debated on wether games should have endings. Too bad so few games were done that way.

edit:

Don't the red dragons/wizards/devils move faster than the knight right from the beginning.

Edited by mr_me

Three mazes is enough for me. I like games where you either win or lose. Some of the programmers at Mattel debated on wether games should have endings. Too bad so few games were done that way.

edit:

Don't the red dragons/wizards/devils move faster than the knight right from the beginning.

Understood but I do not think you can tell everyone that Thunder Castle is easy by saying you completed the first 3 screens. In the second set of screens, the bats are black which makes them somewhat invisible.

The knight is faster than the dragon/wizards/rats until the 10th screen. Starting on the 7th screen, the knight is barely faster. In the later levels, you also need to consider that the knight does not stay energized for long.

I agree about endings and I debated to put an ending to Mystic Castle. I wanted to but just did not get around to it. This is one reason I put a timer in Shark Shark 2. It keeps the classic feel of the vintage games that do not go on forever.

• Like 2

Another game in a holding pattern. Wait...do you even play the games?

I know that I play and love the games. i didn't know any game was being held back or in a holding pattern. i believe all these great games should come out, especially any 2 player awesome version of a previous game.

I DO play the games as well as my Son and two closest friends. And yes, Intellivision doe's still live here! Wolfy :thumbsup:

• Like 1

INTVDAVE: I've always said I would like to see Slap Shot Super Pro Hockey changed where the corners are rounded off just like the NHL Hockey version and make the puck react as it normally would when getting shot into the corner, instead of coming right back at you like you hit it against a flat wall. While you are at it, I don't know if you could tweak the AI because the game is VERY high scoring! Another thing you could put in is a zamboni cleaning the ice between periods. Now that would be cool! :)

Getting through the first 3 mazes of Thunder Castle is easy. Let me know when you pass the 12th maze. On the 10th maze, your knight moves the same speed as the dragon, wizards, and rats. You are far from winning after the first 3 mazes.

I didn't count the mazes I completed but I believe I've reached the 11th and, hey, it's challenging.... I hate those damn red wizards!

David, thank you for letting us have a big fun!!!

• Like 1

Understood but I do not think you can tell everyone that Thunder Castle is easy by saying you completed the first 3 screens. In the second set of screens, the bats are black which makes them somewhat invisible.

The knight is faster than the dragon/wizards/rats until the 10th screen. Starting on the 7th screen, the knight is barely faster. In the later levels, you also need to consider that the knight does not stay energized for long.

I agree about endings and I debated to put an ending to Mystic Castle. I wanted to but just did not get around to it. This is one reason I put a timer in Shark Shark 2. It keeps the classic feel of the vintage games that do not go on forever.

I don't think Thunder/Mystic Castle needs an actual ending. Just like Space Spartans, where I stop when I defeat the aliens. I can always restart the game at a higher level anytime I want (not saving any quarters here). I think adding more difficulty levels to Thunder/Mystic Castle and being able to start the game at different levels like you've done is great.

Super Pro Bi-Planes would be awesome!

Super Pro Baseball too.

Hockey on intellivision is just awful. People are faster on ice than land. Someone that never skated before came up with SLIDING when changing directions.

In real life, I played hockey through college. Great fun game, never got into street hockey or soccer, just to slow paced.

However, on intellivision, soccer kicks hockey's @$$. YES, PLEASE fix Super Pro HAWK-E. It is pitiful.

Intellivision "has" not had, the best sports games! Activision's simple hockey was better than NHL... Please fix this David!

Shark Shark 2 can come first ;) That may have a larger audience?

Either way, Thanks for all the updates to this point.

• Like 1

Baseball has always been a family favorite around here. Hope to see it out soon. Yes digital downloads are the new wave, Ultimate Intellivision might be changing the landscape as well as the Multicart...I'll miss the art work and the hard copy. I still don't buy much music via download...I like the package and hard copy. Backups are never idiot proof and I've proven time and time again I am an idiot.

Thanks for everything you do and have done David. Arlo and I still have a few IntelligentVision CIB Releases on our radar. Mine Hunter and 4-Tris come to mind (Those will be tough for sure.) You set the bar very high with your games and artwork.

We'll be buying Mystic Castle this next week.

Thanks Save2600 and Atarifan88.

There was a lack of seriousness with updating Utopia so I stoped the work on it. I never played Utopia so I really do not know what tweaks would make it better.

I believe the Ultimate Intellivision is the way to go with gaming. It has become the only way I play games now. I do still enjoy the games I released as they are forefront on display in my office. I think Ms. NightStalker is my favorite artwork. There is one small oversight on it though but I live with it :)

SP Baseball is a tough one for me to tune to make it fun. Championship Baseball was very well done and my real complaints with it were:

- slow pitching; easy to steal bases

- to many homeruns were hit

- the computer runners seemed to stupid trying to steal when the pitcher had the ball and would turn around even though they would have made the next base.

I had thought this game could see a cart release but there are already enough cart releases of Baseball.

Here is the full list of changes. Wow...it has already been 2.5 years since I made these changes. I think it is time to release it.

; - The game stats are displayed by pressing ENTER and cleared by hitting CLEAR
; - Left side button restores location of player, right side button sets new location
; - The computer hits more flies than line drives and even less bunts
; - The computer pitches more fast balls
; - There are 5 different speeds of slow pitches and 5 different speeds of fast pitches
; - The winner is displayed when the game ends
; - There are no options to the game. There is only fast speed play!
; - The STRIKE and BALL message shows how many
; - Players are positioned in different locations. Can still be moved by the player
; - 1,2, and computer played are selected by using the keypad on the title screen
; - The success rate of hitting a homerun is lower
; - Runner keeps running and turns around when the baseman catches the ball
; - Computer hits more often
; - Steal only when a player does not have the ball