IGNORED

Cannot run any games in Mame

nd2003grad

Well, that about says it all. I have run Mame in the past and tried to install it on the computer, and I have a large amount of ROMs. However, any game I click on it says that it is missing ROM files or chd. I literally cannot get a single game to play on the system. I am guessing I have some sort of configuration wrong, does anybody know how to attack this?

You need to run CLRMAME to rebuild the roms. I recently had this problem... my MAME set was a couple of years old and when I upgraded to a newer version almost all the classic 8-bit games were broken (even after rebuilding the set). So I had to re-download those games.

Once you rebuild with CLRMAME you can run the audit function within MAMEUI to see which games are complete (the ones showing up as "available" should work. Games that need a CHD need the CHD to be in the right directory and named appropriately.

Good luck. A couple years ago I simply downloaded the latest build of SDLMAME for my Mac, created an account at the Pleasuredome, and torrented a full set of stuff for that version. After all the effort to get something up and running that works, I just leave it the hell alone!

• Like 1