IGNORED

Battlemorph PC and Android Port

WAVE 1 GAMES

I have been playing a lot of Jaguar the last couple of days to give me inspiration for my Retropia project. I was actually thinking, i could probably make a port of Battlemorph for the PC and android. I know i could definitely do a PC port of Atari Karts. (I could do that game in 2 weeks, with extras)

Would anybody here be interested in me tackling either one of these ideas? If I did Atari Karts and Battlemorph, i would also want to try doing defender 2000. If anybody would like to see this, let me know!

• Like 1

I'm going to go ahead and start with Atari Karts, since it will be the easiest. Yeah this is going to be easy. :) Don't worry I will pay attention to the details. I have already ripped the main characters, Now I have to unlock Pum King and the other special characters. I'm thinking Sylar in the War Griffin would make an awesome addition to the PC roster.....

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones
  • Like 1

Does anybody know any good graphics viewers for the Jaguar? I am currently trying to get the sprite and tile data from one of the Atari Karts tracks and I can't seem to load the atari karts .j64 rom file into the viewer I have. The name of the application I'm using is called Jag Viewer. It seems that it only loads rom images with the .rom file extension, so maybe I have to recompile the .j64 file I have into .rom format? I'm not sure about this one. I wonder if there are any other more generic rom viewers that may be compatible with jaguar roms? I seem to recall using one such program years ago that let me look at a wide variety of sprite formats. sega genesis, SNES and GBA are the ones I remember.

Another thing I was wondering about were these darn Jaguar Sector 2 prototype roms. Seems the site that was hosting them are now offline, and they had exclusive rights to host the roms and nobody else? How does that work? So now the site is down and if somebody wants to download the roms they are out of luck? That's insane. I would actually like to play the Cybermorph, Defender 2000 and Atari Karts prototype roms. I could use these for my project as Pum King apparently was available in the beta without having to unlock him. I'm also willing to bet these roms would run better in Virtual Jaguar then their commercial release counterparts. If this is true this would make porting a Jaguar game to PC much better. I would also just like to see them, just to see what's different about them first hand as opposed to watching a very unclear youtube video of somebody's CRX display running the games.

I guess I could search on ebay for a prototype cart, pay hundreds of dollars for said cart that may not work, rig up a skunk board and dismantle another atari jaguar...... (I only own one so I'd have to buy ANOTHER jaguar)

yeah. I'm not doing that

WOW I went on a rant there! sorry guys I'm just really frustrated trying to view the tile data and all. But I think I do make some good points about the Jaguar Sector 2 stuff. If I'm wrong or not understanding something about that please let me know, maybe I'm misinformed about the whole thing!

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones

No idea what to tell you about the Jag viewer, someone else may be able to chime in, but they did not have exclusive rights to distribute/host any of the roms. Last I checked, you can pretty much find all that stuff with a swift google search anyway just as you can with most any other game made for any system anymore it seems.

No idea what to tell you about the Jag viewer, someone else may be able to chime in, but they did not have exclusive rights to distribute/host any of the roms. Last I checked, you can pretty much find all that stuff with a swift google search anyway just as you can with most any other game made for any system anymore it seems.

Yeah I searched high and low on google for those roms, I couldn't find them anywhere. I did find a defender 2000 prototype cartridge on ebay. I bought it already for $60, but none of that really helps me with porting Atari Karts over to PC. lol

If I could find the atari karts prototype rom it would really be helpful, but like I said this thing seems to be non existent now.

I'm going to try and see if I can get this Jag viewer to open up the roms in a differnt format then maybe I can view the tile sets. The on screen stuff such as players, hud items and things like that are easy for me to rip, it's things like the track maps and the backgrounds that I need to get. (And Pum King!)

I've already started the project and currently have Bentley Bear and Skylar in game and working! I hope I will be able to upload a video later this evening to show the progress. I ripped all of the Cybermorph ships animations to be used as a Kart and the effect is pretty convincing. Skylar's head in the rankings box also just feels right.

• Like 1