Photo

Hurray! My Games Arrived and They're Shrink Wrapped!

colecovision adam colectorvision

17 replies to this topic

#1 ValkerieSilk OFFLINE  

ValkerieSilk

Stargunner

• 1,217 posts

Posted Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:58 PM

My new Colectorvision games arrived and not only are they totally awesome, they're shrink wrapped ... Sweet!  Thank you! 

cv2016.jpg

#2 lawdawg710 OFFLINE  

lawdawg710

Chopper Commander

• 192 posts
  • Classic Console Jock

Posted Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:44 PM

I only ordered Hang On, but man the packaging is awesome with shrink wrap. I am almost afraid to open it lol

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160411_172731-1-1.jpg

#3 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 5,713 posts

Posted Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:32 PM

Guess everyone will start ordering 2 of each game now... 1 to keep sealed and 1 to open and play.

SLICK MOVE!

#4 ValkerieSilk OFFLINE  

ValkerieSilk

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:09 PM

Oh No! You're right :.(. :)

#5 CrazyBoss OFFLINE  

CrazyBoss

Moonsweeper

• 319 posts

Posted Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:36 PM

hehe if just Collectorvision knows which one you open and which one you keep unopened, they just put an old Donkey Kong cartridge inside the box which you dont open :) :) :) :) :) :)

Edited by CrazyBoss, Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:37 PM.

#6 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

Stargunner

• 1,504 posts

Posted Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:14 AM

You can buy a shrink wrap machine for $40. I think it's super cool that they came shink wrapped. Total surprise when I opened the box. But that didn't stop me from tearing them open with a smile on my face like I was 12 years old and I just got home from Gemco with a new game!

Basically what I'm saying is, I think it's cool they are shrink wrapped, but I think there is a huge difference from a homebrew game in 2016 being "NIB" and a game from 1983 being "NIB."

I'd buy a second copy if it was a special edition or something different, but not for plastic wrap.

#7 ValkerieSilk OFFLINE  

ValkerieSilk

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:28 AM

I know, I'm a sucker for the shrink wrap too ; ( ... I actually looked on Amazon to see how much the shrink wrap machines cost ;) ... Colectorvision did a great job on these, everything looks so professional ... I'm just so damn happy that these guys do what they do ...

• TPR likes this

#8 PhoenixMoonPatrol OFFLINE  

PhoenixMoonPatrol

Moonsweeper

• 422 posts

Posted Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:38 AM

I just ordered HangOn tonight.

ColecoVision doesn't have enough racers as it is, so this is must have.

Especially from the king of racers - SEGA.

Those boxes look beautiful by the way.

Btw-whats the proper way to open a game box?

I open from the top and try not to make any creases but its basically impossible. :P   

#9 AtariBuff OFFLINE  

AtariBuff

Stargunner

• 1,167 posts

Posted Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:44 AM

Shrinkwrap is killing boxes. Away with it.

#10 LoTonah OFFLINE  

LoTonah

Moonsweeper

• 444 posts

Posted Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:42 AM

Any gameplay videos of HangOn anywhere?  Google came up empty.

#11 CrazyBoss OFFLINE  

CrazyBoss

Moonsweeper

• 319 posts

Posted Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:49 AM

I dont know if i am right, but could it be this one ?

#12 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 5,713 posts

Posted Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:14 AM

You should always search on Youtube for gameplay videos.

#13 LoTonah OFFLINE  

LoTonah

Moonsweeper

• 444 posts

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:35 AM

You should always search on Youtube for gameplay videos.

I did, it came up empty as well.  "Google", when I mention it like this, refers to Google, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, and in this case, Youtube and Vimeo as well.  I try to be thorough.  

Problem is, I know this is a conversion, but I don't think there is a video of it playing on actual Coleco hardware (does it really look identical to the MSX version?).

#14 SiLic0ne t0aD85 OFFLINE  

SiLic0ne t0aD85

River Patroller

• 2,100 posts
  • Rock 'N Roller, Space Patroller

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:28 AM

If you look again at some MSX and SG1000 Hang-On videos on YouTube, you'll see subtle differences such as a deeper blue sky and whatnot compared to the other platform.
in fact, as soon as I hear about a new CV title, I immediately search for it on YouTube, chances are it's usually an MSX game thats been converted over. ;)

#15 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 5,713 posts

Posted Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:20 AM

Yeah, should have mentioned that on ports of games from systems like the SG-1000 or MSX, you will have to watch existing videos for those systems until someone has a chance to post a ColecoVision specific video. For the most part, you will be able to see what the CV version of the game will look, sound and play like unless the programmer/porter made some changes/improvements.

#16 WispFollower OFFLINE  

WispFollower

Moonsweeper

• 459 posts

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:07 AM

I just ordered HangOn tonight.
ColecoVision doesn't have enough racers as it is, so this is must have.
Especially from the king of racers - SEGA.
Those boxes look beautiful by the way.
Btw-whats the proper way to open a game box?
I open from the top and try not to make any creases but its basically impossible. :P

I use a round edged tool on my mini Swiss Army knife which has no blade. I slide it under each side of the top flap, carefully apply upward pressure until the little side flaps inside the box let go, and no creases are made. Sometimes, I need to slightly move the corners of the box diagonally so the flaps let go without bending. I meant to make a video a while back for anyone interested in keeping their homebrew boxes mint.

#17 PhoenixMoonPatrol OFFLINE  

PhoenixMoonPatrol

Moonsweeper

• 422 posts

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:33 PM

Wow thats a damn good way to go about opening these boxes then. I was possibly thinking of a letter opener but your way sounds pretty good. Guess i need to head to the store after work and get me one of these for when HangOn arrives. Thanks! 

I use a round edged tool on my mini Swiss Army knife which has no blade. I slide it under each side of the top flap, carefully apply upward pressure until the little side flaps inside the box let go, and no creases are made. Sometimes, I need to slightly move the corners of the box diagonally so the flaps let go without bending. I meant to make a video a while back for anyone interested in keeping their homebrew boxes mint.

#18 Rey ONLINE  

Rey

Dragonstomper

• 698 posts
  • Mods for ColecoVision & ADAM

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:10 PM

I do something similar or you'll always create a wrinkle on the flap. I tend not to close it completely once opened this way. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: colecovision, adam, colectorvision

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users