IGNORED

What was the best ColecoVision Original game?

HawkMines

Destructor is a deeply flawed game.....

Was "2010 - The Graphic Action Game" ever released on other consoles/computers? My post about this game earlier in this thread seems to have been completely ignored, for some reason... :?

The programmer(s) of Destructor would have been better served to steal/implement elements of Rally X into their game. Like you said, it was just too easy to stay close to your ship and cherry pick the crystals and it would have been better served to have the crystals scattered around the map and then access a separate full map by pressing a number on the keypad. Your vehicle should also have moved faster when not carrying something to add a more arcade chase feel to the game.

There were a large number of "original" Coleco titles planned to be ported to Atari and Commodore computer disk based format, but the only one that was completed and released as far as I recall right now is WarGames. It was released under the Coleco Electronics banner on a flippy 5.25" disk for the Atari and C=64... good cost savings measure.

Coleco did inspire a much better brand of TV Game Show computer games with their release of Family Feud, the unreleased Jeopardy and about 5 other titles that never were completed but had details, mock-up and screenshots made available in company literature.

• 2 weeks later...

Destructor is a deeply flawed game, when you stop to think about it: Unless you did what I did (i.e. hunt for Destructor eggs, which was kind of fun) there was absolutely no incentive to drive very far away from your home base. Just drive around a little bit and you could find a spot not far from the base where Krystaloids appeared, then you could just go back and forth between that spot and the base, and never bother to explore the rest of the map, unless you insisted on finding a teleport pad just to taunt Destructor.

I couldn't agree more w/ your Destructor assessment from above.

But you know... I still give this game a free pass for the nostalgia factor alone (my case). I know I got Destructor pretty shortly after release. I was sold on the artwork box as well as the game being compatible w/ the steering wheel accessory. At that time, it was Turbo and that's it... So it was finally nice to see another game to use this accessory; faulty gameplay as it might be.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...