IGNORED

Intellivision Miner 2049er

Miner 2049er is a platformer yes, but not more a copy of Donkey Kong than Boulder Dash is a copy of Dig Dug.

Edit: I could swear there is an apostrophe between "2049" and "er", but Internet doesn't seem to agree.

Yes, a platformer were the primary mechanic is painting every platform as you cross over it, with chutes and a lot more variety on the play mechanics from screen to screen.

Here is the map from the C64 version, I played the ColecoVision version a lot back in the day but could never finish it. I seem to remember it having 1 more level than the C64 or Atari 8-bit versions

[Click to enlarge]

post-38229-0-37760900-1460992789_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, Wikipedia agrees with you on the number of levels in each version. Curiously, it seems it never was released for MSX, Amstrad CPC nor ZX Spectrum, despite the huge number of ports including both uncommon Japanese and French systems. (No version for the TRS-80 CoCo series as well, despite both Fujitsu and Thomson versions)

Edit: The sequel Bounty Bob Strikes Back exists for the BBC, CPC and ZX though.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

Yeah, am a little surprised by this one as well. Quite common on all platforms that most of us already own. Hopefully it'll offer up something a little different to help distinguish it, like a level editor, different levels, combines both Miner games, BB Strikes Back, etc. Oh and plays faster than the dog ass slow VCS version(s) originally did before TJ's speed up hack. :lol:

Yeah, am a little surprised by this one as well. Quite common on all platforms that most of us already own. Hopefully it'll offer up something a little different to help distinguish it, like a level editor, different levels, combines both Miner games, BB Strikes Back, etc. Oh and plays faster than the dog ass slow VCS version(s) originally did before TJ's speed up hack. :lol:

I loved both Miner 2049er and Bounty Bob Strikes back!

Miner does have ten levels and Bounty Bob(your action character from Miner) has 25 levels.

Miner I have for the Atari 5200, Bounty Bob I had for my Commodore 64. Anyway, o clear it up for any doubters, they were both great games and very challenging in a puzzle-platform way.

All that being said, a crossbred version between the two would be amazing! How hard is that to accomplish? I have no Idea, I play and collect yet program games 0% of my time unfortunately.And....I would love it as as I only collect complete games for the Intellivision.

I really do hope this game happens if anyone has never played it, please do! :) :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I loved both Miner 2049er and Bounty Bob Strikes back!

Miner does have ten levels and Bounty Bob(your action character from Miner) has 25 levels.

Miner I have for the Atari 5200, Bounty Bob I had for my Commodore 64. Anyway, o clear it up for any doubters, they were both great games and very challenging in a puzzle-platform way.

All that being said, a crossbred version between the two would be amazing! How hard is that to accomplish? I have no Idea, I play and collect yet program games 0% of my time unfortunately.And....I would love it as as I only collect complete games for the Intellivision.

I really do hope this game happens if anyone has never played it, please do! :) :thumbsup:

Looking forward to this release for the intellivision !!!

Wikipedia says there is a way to skip levels. I haven't played since the '80s, and I don't recall this.

Maybe the Atari 800 method can be utilized in the Inty port, so the keypad can be used for something.

Hidden features

Pressing the space bar for several seconds skips a level.

On the Atari 800, keying in the phone number on the title screen, followed by a level number, skips to that level

Wikipedia says there is a way to skip levels. I haven't played since the '80s, and I don't recall this.

Maybe the Atari 800 method can be utilized in the Inty port, so the keypad can be used for something.

Hidden features

Pressing the space bar for several seconds skips a level.

On the Atari 800, keying in the phone number on the title screen, followed by a level number, skips to that level

There was never, back in the day a way to skip levels at least on the original ten level version.

As I recall on the Commodore 64 version of Bounty Bob Strikes Back! yes you could.

Edited by wolfy62