IGNORED

DONALD DUCK'S SPEED BOAT RACE - what is the fair market value?

timdu

I have a friend who is asking me about a find he recently acquired:

DONALD DUCK'S SPEED BOAT RACE - what do you think is the fair market value?

He is interested in selling. The seller is in Mexico.

Here are some pictures:

post-291-0-76534500-1461243874_thumb.jpg

post-291-0-17418900-1461243890_thumb.jpg

post-291-0-38498900-1461243903_thumb.jpg

post-291-0-10294000-1461243924_thumb.jpg

post-291-0-21446500-1461243937_thumb.jpg

thank you for your input,

Tim

I knew Best made a DDSB but I've never actually seen one so I think it's rarer than Dukes of Hazzard. It's tough to say value since that depends on if you count best electronics stuff as collectable or not. If you do I think CVGA's $75 number sounds fair, if you don't then it's worth about $20 at best since many people can make you a reproduction with an actual label for that price, lol.

I bought quite a few of Best's prototypes back in the 90's and you're right... seems most were in the $75-$90 range, though I do remember Xevious was a bit more. Think that was one of his more expensive prototypes at the time at $125 IIRC.

Remember thinking Dukes of Hazard seeming fairly "common" for a prototype or lab loaner and that I believe, was priced at $50-$60 for quite some time. Memory ain't what it used to be though, so could be remembering secondary market values too as we traded off some of these with our Usenet buddies by the late 90's. :)

I bought quite a few of Best's prototypes back in the 90's and you're right... seems most were in the $75-$90 range, though I do remember Xevious was a bit more. Think that was one of his more expensive prototypes at the time at $125 IIRC.

Remember thinking Dukes of Hazard seeming fairly "common" for a prototype or lab loaner and that I believe, was priced at $50-$60 for quite some time. Memory ain't what it used to be though, so could be remembering secondary market values too as we traded off some of these with our Usenet buddies by the late 90's. :)

Ya Dukes @ 50 sounds right.