IGNORED

Mobile version issue

DZ-Jay

So after so much clamor to fix support for Tapatalk, the app has been "updated" with crappy and buggy functionality, making it harder to use, and now it even has ads!

Which means that I am back to using the mobile version on my iPhone.

I like it very much, and it is very useful, but there is ONE thing that drives me NUTS! :mad:

When posting a comment, there is a "Full Version" link at the bottom of the form page, right below the "Post New Topic" / "Send Reply" / "Send Message" button.

Ordinarily, this is not really a problem -- except when you are typing on an iPhone, where the onscreen keyboard's "done" button is uncomfortably close to the "O" and "P" letters, making it an easy target. This results in inadvertently closing the keyboard while typing quickly.

When this happens, the page reorients itself and the stupid "Full Version" link happens to be right where the "Space Bar" used to, right before the keyboard left the building!

You can imagine what happens after that: the page reloads in "full" mode (which is almost impossible to read on a phone), discarding the text of my post, and forcing me to jump through hoops in order to get back to where I was. Not to mention having to re-type any part of the comment lost.

Not only that, but finding the stupid "mobile version" button becomes a game of "hunt the pixel," as you zoom in and out and scroll around in that insanely un-mobiley page.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, it resets my selected theme to the default, so when I go back to my Desktop, the site looks strange in that alien "default" look I never use. Hmph! :mad:

All that due to the stupid "done" button being in a stupid position on the keyboard.

Since I cannot change the keyboard (don't you start with that, I'm using the last good version of iOS: 6, so no icky and dirty external keyboards), I thought that perhaps you could banish that "Full Version" button to the nether areas of the page. Or hide it. Or offset it to the left or something.

Please? :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dZ.

I' use mobile app just as much as desktop, in fact right now. Ive not had any issues with its placement.

Congratulations! Perhaps you type very accurately; but on my iPhone, whenever I type a "P" or an "O" there is a very good chance I'll end up hitting the "Done" button and close the keyboard. :dunce:

When that happens, in the fraction of a second before my mind recognizes it and switches gears, if I was aiming for the "Space Bar," I will most definitely hit the "Full Version" instead. :(

dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay