• Final Fantasy
  • John Madden Football
  • Minecraft
  • Nurburgring
  • Pokemon Red and Green
  • Side Meier's Civilization
  • Street Fighter 2
  • Tomb Raider

Grand Theft Auto 3 being one of the 6 Inductees was a mistake to be inducted this early in the Video Game Hall of Fame's existence. I thought Street Fighter 2 and Final fantasy would have been better 2nd class inductees instead of Grand Theft Auto 3.

Street Fighter 2 and Final Fantasy was among the games that I nominated for the 2nd class. I had no problems with Sonic being inducted because of the impact it had on the Sega Genesis despite the fact I didn't think it was the best Sonic game on the Genesis. Space Invaders also was a game I nominated.

I recalled myself nominating other games for the 2nd class such as Defender, Adventure, Robotron: 2084, Donkey Kong, Dragon Quest, Ms.Pac-Man, Phantasy Star, Asteroids, and Pitfall!.

The Nomination page for 2017 class is http://www.worldvideogamehalloffame.org/nominate

Edited by 8th lutz

What the heck is Nurburgring? I don't mean to sound obtuse, but if I never even heard of it, it can't be very deserving. :)

Don't feel bad, I never heard of this game before it became a finalist .

Based on what I read, It actually is a German Arcade race game that was released in 1975 and was the first 1st person racing game ever. It was designed by Reiner Foerst. I'm guessing it only was released in Germany The graphics of Nurburgring are supposedly similar to Night Driver.

It's impact can't be denied though based on what I read about this obscure game because Reiner Foerst actually is the Inventor of the Night Driver concept.

Edited by 8th lutz