IGNORED

Need help making music into executable

xjas

Hey all,

I have a small piece of music I made with SvOlli's APEFAT tracker. It's in "psmk" (Paul Slocum Music Kit) format. I'm wondering if somebody has time to turn it into an executable cartridge image for me? :) It doesn't need any visuals or anything fancy. Just boot and play the tune.

I don't think it'd be too hard to do, but I'm really no great shakes as a coder. I'm trying to learn two different dev environments right now and just don't have time to add a third one to that list.

PM me if you want to help! Or post here. Thanks!

Hey all,

I have a small piece of music I made with SvOlli's APEFAT tracker. It's in "psmk" (Paul Slocum Music Kit) format. I'm wondering if somebody has time to turn it into an executable cartridge image for me? :) It doesn't need any visuals or anything fancy. Just boot and play the tune.

I don't think it'd be too hard to do, but I'm really no great shakes as a coder. I'm trying to learn two different dev environments right now and just don't have time to add a third one to that list.

PM me if you want to help! Or post here. Thanks!

First, to point this out:

The Atari only has TWO AUDIO CHANNELS

If your music has more than two tunes playing at once, the only other option is to have multiple ROMs

batari basic will do the job relatively simply, you just have to set it up(which is sometimes much harder than the programming portion).

(Just as a side question, what are the dev. environments your learning?)

Edited by Gip-Gip

Thanks for the reply. The music is already formatted for the Atari & respects its limitations. The tracker I use is specifically a VCS one and outputs Paul Slocum Music Kit code. I just need someone who has a compiler set up to build it for me.

(I'm learning Python for my job & working on Unity for a project - not really relevant for Atari stuff, but extremely relevant at taking all of my free time.)

Edited by xjas

Thanks for the reply. The music is already formatted for the Atari & respects its limitations. The tracker I use is specifically a VCS one and outputs Paul Slocum Music Kit code. I just need someone who has a compiler set up to build it for me.

(I'm learning Python for my job & working on Unity for a project - not really relevant for Atari stuff, but extremely relevant at taking all my time.)

Well in that case, I do have the assembler required to make it. Just send it to me and I'll test it out.