IGNORED

Dropin version of LHE's S-Video Mod

SwampFox56

I received these beauties back from manufacturing today, and I'm curious if anyone (besides myself) would be interested in a dropin version of Longhorn Engineers mod? I'd actually like to contact Electronic Sentimentalities and ask if I could get a hold of his schematic. Maybe allow him to sell these for a small royalty fee if I could use his design.... Just thinking out loud there.

Anyways, If I sold these, would anyone be interested? Currently these boards are a hybrid between SMD and DIP. I'll likely change the DIP version of the CD4050 to SOIC. Probably leave the diode through-hole since SMD diodes are more expensive than DIP style diodes. All criticism welcome.

Oh also, there are no Values on the board due to manufacturing error. I used DirtyPCB's new site so some errors were expected.

WP_20160520_003_1832818.jpg

WP_20160520_005_1832810.jpg

• Like 1

I can't believe nobody has replied to this yet!

I guess the mainstay of 2600 fans around here have embraced the warmth of the Big Sexy (which few people want to mod) However, I'd love to use this on another L6er or a resistor-modded 4-switcher. The soldering of wires with the original LHE mod is cumbersome at best, even for experienced solderers like myself. Plus the sprawling wires don't have an easy route or cable gutter. A drop-in would be excellent!

Terrific design by the way. Can you show how exactly it "drops in"?

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys, I guess I should have shown this from the getgo. The board drops-in by soldering pin headers to the board, and then soldering a socket on top of the board. All like the pictures below (plus a picture of the board installed in a Light Sixer ;)

WP_20160523_005.jpg

WP_20160523_006.jpg

WP_20160523_003.jpg

• Like 1