IGNORED

Not sure what to do...(Marketplace Related Issue)

So I have a buyer who only has 14 posts, all of which relate to buying items. IE: He seems to just be a member here to find deals in the Marketplace.

He "bought" one of my items I have for sale, and gave me his name and address for shipment. But the payment never went though, as I believe he most likely misspelled my paypal email (it's a bit tricky, and this happens often...).

Trouble is, I think he only logs in when he sees something he wants to buy, and he immediately logged out as soon as he "sent" his payment.

Now, who knows go paid that money, I haven't been paid, and he's going to expect an item in the mail, and I have no way to contact him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have his options set up to get emails when he gets PMs as I've PMed him numerous times without any response.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do? I don't want anyone thinking I'm a bad seller if this guy comes back and gets pissed because he didn't receive an item, but I'm not going to ship it out if I haven't received payment. Is there anyway for a mod to be able to email a member or something as I don't have access to that information? Or should I just give up from the sale and walk away from it?

Thanks,

Alexander

EDIT: Also, I've reached 666 posts. Fun, haha...

Edited by MotoRacer

You wait for payment. Once he doesn't get his goods he will eventually log back in, that is if he even sent a payment at all.

Agreed, he can't get mad at you if you never got paid. Chances are he just changed his mind and doesn't want to admit that he wants to back out of the deal.

It doesn't matter if a PayPal email is hard. That's what the copy/paste function is for.

I would message the guy here and if he doesn't respond, then tough luck on his part. Wait a couple of days and if he doesn't respond, sell to someone else.

• Like 2

Even copy and paste can foul up address. If you typically end every sentence with a period and you had something like "Please send $6.66 to yadda@whatever.fake." and someone tried to copy it, it'd include the extra period at the end and PP won't ignore errant period.

Even copy and paste can foul up address. If you typically end every sentence with a period and you had something like "Please send $6.66 to yadda@whatever.fake." and someone tried to copy it, it'd include the extra period at the end and PP won't ignore errant period.

Is that even a viable pp address? All pp addresses I know of are from email addresses and I have never seen an email address that did not end in .com. If you copy a . at the end of a .com, I would imagine you are going to get an invalid address and it will not go through.

Uh.. yeah, that's why you proofread it before submitting it. Are people really that dense? Eh.. Don't answer that question.

PP does not check if the address is viable. If it belongs to nonexistient account, it will show as unclaimed in your account and a notification will be sent to the address you supplied. After that PP is done. If you don't challenge unclaimed fund, it's free interest for them to collect. So it does make sense PP doesn't check if the email address is actually valid or not.