IGNORED

Check out my thrift store find. Intellivision Keyboard still sealed

Picked this up for $75.
They price things according to ebay, so I assume they didn't find a past/current listing and just priced it like a normal Intellivision. It is still sealed (I moved aside this piece of cardboard/foam that was over the keys for the picture). No box though.

post-46802-0-30497300-1464489829_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deprekate
  • Like 7

Picked this up for $75.

They price things according to ebay, so I assume they didn't find a past/current listing and just priced it like a normal Intellivision. It is still sealed (I moved aside this piece of cardboard/foam that was over the keys for the picture). No box though.

Wanna double your money quick? :P That is really stunning. I'd probably have passed out.

Lol! I was going to post a thread about a brand new box variation I found today but I feel like it might be overshadowed by this find. :)

Don't hold out on us now! Yours might be something the rest of us may actually be able to find ourselves someday, lol

Holy crap! Congrats on an awesome find! If you feel like making a bunch of money flipping it, I'd be interested. :) Where in the world did you find this and was there any software?

There might have been software, but if there it got sold. They had a big lot of gaming stuff all in boxes most was priced equivalent to ebay, so they had like a Vectrex for $150 (or maybe it was $300), and Neo Geo, etc. It all slowly sold at normal prices. They still have a dozen or so various Atari/TI-99/Odyssey games in boxes and sealed in boxes. Nothing rare, all for about the same price as ebay. Though today (i got the keyboard yesterday) I went back and bought "The Quest For the Rings" in the box, only missing the time tile and one possesion token. It was $12.50

I don't like sealed items, since I prefer paying less and getting to play with them. I was going to buy an atari with two trac ball controllers for $150, but i was waiting for it to go on sale. It sold before I could get it. I ended up with a Dreamcast and controller in a refurb box for $30.

I don't know this escaped all the collectors who picked through the items (the lot came in about a month ago). It was either well hidden (it was kind of in a different case and down in the bottom hidden. Or They priced it, and never put it out, until the 50% the old tag sale.

Edited by Deprekate

I'd love to scan that entire manual for preservation/responsible reproduction purposes. But I don't know if this should ever be unsealed or not. Tough call there!

The way it is sealed the manual can be taken out. The plastic wrap has a flap along the length that allows access. I have a nice flatbed scanner. Aren't there already HD scans floating around?

Not sure if I will sell it or add it to my collection. I do collect old consoles but mainly from my gaming period NES-current.

Although one reason I would be inclined to sell, is because I don't like sealed items, I like to play with my collection, and I think taking this out and using it would greatly devalue it.

If it makes any difference, you probably won't actually ever play this. Software is tough to find and not really fun. This is a collector piece. The money from this could buy a lot of nice NES games. That said, you'll never find another one of these.

If I every came across one, it would be a tough decision. Keep my glorious paperweight, or buy the remaining games I need to complete my CIB Intellivision collection...hmmm.

Not sure if I will sell it or add it to my collection. I do collect old consoles but mainly from my gaming period NES-current.

Although one reason I would be inclined to sell, is because I don't like sealed items, I like to play with my collection, and I think taking this out and using it would greatly devalue it.

You have PM :)

If it makes any difference, you probably won't actually ever play this. Software is tough to find and not really fun. This is a collector piece. The money from this could buy a lot of nice NES games. That said, you'll never find another one of these.

If I every came across one, it would be a tough decision. Keep my glorious paperweight, or buy the remaining games I need to complete my CIB Intellivision collection...hmmm.

The weird thing is I don't like to collect games. I already collect so many many things: MTG (I have full sets of beta-aliances), vintage Star Wars (full set of 92. I am missing Yak Face. plus boxes and boxes of vehicles), and a variety of other toys.

Collecting the cartridges would be just too much, seeing how I go for all consoles.

I just like the consoles, and use rom cards (not sure if that is frowned upon here).