Check out my thrift store find. Intellivision Keyboard still sealed

79 replies to this topic

#1 Deprekate OFFLINE  

Deprekate

Space Invader

• 18 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 8:44 PM

Picked this up for $75. 
They price things according to ebay, so I assume they didn't find a past/current listing and just priced it like a normal Intellivision.  It is still sealed (I moved aside this piece of cardboard/foam that was over the keys for the picture).  No box though.

Attached Thumbnails

• 13327395_10154858780561978_3654827488384493993_n.jpg

Edited by Deprekate, Sat May 28, 2016 8:44 PM.

#2 JasonlikesINTV ONLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 8,291 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 8:45 PM

Holy crap! Whaaaaat!? You hit the jackpot!

#3 JasonlikesINTV ONLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 8,291 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 8:48 PM

This may be the best known condition Keyboard Component in existence.

#4 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 11,248 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 8:54 PM

Holy crap! Congrats on an awesome find! If you feel like making a bunch of money flipping it, I'd be interested. :) Where in the world did you find this and was there any software?

#5 intvsteve OFFLINE  

intvsteve

River Patroller

• 2,716 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 9:04 PM

No way. Wow! Grats.

#6 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Dragonstomper

• 581 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 9:10 PM

There are no words!

Congrats on the find of the century!

#7 intvsteve OFFLINE  

intvsteve

River Patroller

• 2,716 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 9:11 PM

Picked this up for $75. 
They price things according to ebay, so I assume they didn't find a past/current listing and just priced it like a normal Intellivision.  It is still sealed (I moved aside this piece of cardboard/foam that was over the keys for the picture).  No box though.

Wanna double your money quick? :P That is really stunning. I'd probably have passed out.

#8 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Dragonstomper

• 581 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 9:14 PM

I'd love to scan that entire manual for preservation/responsible reproduction purposes. But I don't know if this should ever be unsealed or not. Tough call there!

#9 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 11,248 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 9:18 PM

Lol! I was going to post a thread about a brand new box variation I found today but I feel like it might be overshadowed by this find. :)

#10 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Dragonstomper

• 581 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 9:38 PM

Lol! I was going to post a thread about a brand new box variation I found today but I feel like it might be overshadowed by this find. :)

Don't hold out on us now! Yours might be something the rest of us may actually be able to find ourselves someday, lol

#11 KylJoy OFFLINE  

KylJoy

Dragonstomper

• 718 posts
  • Intellibeardist

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 9:39 PM

Throwing my hat in the ring if you choose to sell.

#12 Deprekate OFFLINE  

Deprekate

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 9:40 PM

Holy crap! Congrats on an awesome find! If you feel like making a bunch of money flipping it, I'd be interested. :) Where in the world did you find this and was there any software?

There might have been software, but if there it got sold.  They had a big lot of gaming stuff all in boxes most was priced equivalent to ebay, so they had like a Vectrex for $150 (or maybe it was $300), and Neo Geo, etc.  It all slowly sold at normal prices.  They still have a dozen or so various Atari/TI-99/Odyssey games in boxes and sealed in boxes.  Nothing rare, all for about the same price as ebay.  Though today (i got the keyboard yesterday) I went back and bought "The Quest For the Rings" in the box, only missing the time tile and one possesion token.  It was $12.50

I don't like sealed items, since I prefer paying less and getting to play with them.   I was going to buy an atari with two trac ball controllers for $150, but i was waiting for it to go on sale.  It sold before I could get it.  I ended up with a Dreamcast and controller in a refurb box for $30.     

I don't know this escaped all the collectors who picked through the items (the lot came in about a month ago).  It was either well hidden (it was kind of in a different case and down in the bottom hidden.  Or They priced it, and never put it out, until the 50% the old tag sale.

Edited by Deprekate, Sat May 28, 2016 9:57 PM.

#13 Deprekate OFFLINE  

Deprekate

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 9:42 PM

I'd love to scan that entire manual for preservation/responsible reproduction purposes. But I don't know if this should ever be unsealed or not. Tough call there!

The way it is sealed the manual can be taken out.  The plastic wrap has a flap along the length that allows access.  I have a nice flatbed scanner.  Aren't there already HD scans floating around?

#14 Deprekate OFFLINE  

Deprekate

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 9:47 PM

Not sure if I will sell it or add it to my collection.  I do collect old consoles but mainly from my gaming period NES-current. 

Although one reason I would be inclined to sell, is because I don't like sealed items, I like to play with my collection, and I think taking this out and using it would greatly devalue it.

#15 JasonlikesINTV ONLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 8,291 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 9:56 PM

If it makes any difference, you probably won't actually ever play this. Software is tough to find and not really fun. This is a collector piece. The money from this could buy a lot of nice NES games. That said, you'll never find another one of these.

If I every came across one, it would be a tough decision. Keep my glorious paperweight, or buy the remaining games I need to complete my CIB Intellivision collection...hmmm.

#16 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 11,248 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 10:02 PM

Not sure if I will sell it or add it to my collection.  I do collect old consoles but mainly from my gaming period NES-current. 

Although one reason I would be inclined to sell, is because I don't like sealed items, I like to play with my collection, and I think taking this out and using it would greatly devalue it.

You have PM :)

#17 Deprekate OFFLINE  

Deprekate

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 10:32 PM

If it makes any difference, you probably won't actually ever play this. Software is tough to find and not really fun. This is a collector piece. The money from this could buy a lot of nice NES games. That said, you'll never find another one of these.

If I every came across one, it would be a tough decision. Keep my glorious paperweight, or buy the remaining games I need to complete my CIB Intellivision collection...hmmm.

The weird thing is I don't like to collect games.  I already collect so many many things: MTG (I have full sets of beta-aliances), vintage Star Wars (full set of 92. I am missing Yak Face. plus boxes and boxes of vehicles), and a variety of other toys.   

Collecting the cartridges would be just too much, seeing how I go for all consoles.

I just like the consoles, and use rom cards (not sure if that is frowned upon here).

#18 BBWW OFFLINE  

BBWW

River Patroller

• 2,815 posts
  • If it is not fun move away slowly.

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 10:48 PM

I wanted to scream hoax. Now I'm seeing how many hundred dollar bills I have stashed to pry it away from you. Jackpot!!

#19 Rev ONLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 15,290 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 10:51 PM

Isn't this worth like 1.00?

#20 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 11,248 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 10:54 PM

Isn't this worth like 1.00?

Lol! Nope. If it was sealed in a box I still don't think it would go for that much. :)

#21 Eric7100 OFFLINE  

Eric7100

River Patroller

• 3,136 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 11:10 PM

You have PM sir. :)

There goes Cmart, offering a quarter of a million dollars again.  :roll:

Edited by Eric7100, Sat May 28, 2016 11:11 PM.

#22 Eric7100 OFFLINE  

Eric7100

River Patroller

• 3,136 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 11:13 PM

And here, when I read the title of the thread, I thought he was talking about the Music Synthesizer keyboard.  :lol:

#23 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 11,248 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 11:16 PM

Actually it's a she. :)

#24 BBWW OFFLINE  

BBWW

River Patroller

• 2,815 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 11:17 PM

I bet she has a lot of them there PM's

#25 BBWW OFFLINE  

BBWW

River Patroller

• 2,815 posts

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 11:18 PM

I could buy that and just not produce any games for two years...or three....

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users