IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Going bananas on the 2600

RSS Bot

After a ton of changes from yesterday, I had been working on the game a lot yesterday, work resumes. I made a change to free up some room. In yesterday's blog entry, I showed a picture of the title screen. Here is a picture of it now:

I figured that I didn't need the multicolored playfield, and all that data per line. I made some more changes and now I'm at 6 bytes left, although it is weird because I was at -6 earlier. But I was able to speed up the fly once at 25 points and again at 50. I admit making the game fit in 2k is challenging, but I guess I'm up to it because this does not need to be a 4k game. In my opinion, the game premise is too simple and doesn't warrant an extra 2k. I can't make a banana look good horizontally using pfblocks, so I made it stand up vertically. I think it looks more like a banana since I did that.

So anyway, what I'm trying to do is make the game simple, yet enjoyable, like all the other early Atari 2600 games. Follow the thread I made about the game in the bB forum.

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-9475-0-14672700-1464617378_thu
  • blogentry-9475-0-07725200-1464617087_thu

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-13028-going-bananas-on-the-2600/