IGNORED

Super Pro Baseball by Intelligentvision coming soon

Thanks for the offer Joe but the game is / was done. With the discussion of baseball issues, I best go over this one a bit more. Hopefully it will not take another 2 years like baseball (hahahahha).

I have yet to see any green screen but I have only played this on actual Intellivision hardware, original and Intellivision II. As far as I can tell, the physical boards/carts work just fine in the real deal.

• Like 1

I have yet to see any green screen but I have only played this on actual Intellivision hardware, original and Intellivision II. As far as I can tell, the physical boards/carts work just fine in the real deal.

That's what I have been using to play and on a Intellivision II.

Thanks David. Real life has gotten in way of me playing SP Baseball yet but am so looking forward to it like you wouldn't believe. It will be an honor to actually lose a game but I plan on trying like hell not to lose:-) I don't think I ever has the dead screen with WC Baseball but I only play on real hardware for time being so I'm sure it will be fine! Hell I love Slam Dunk and that glitch with flying player forcing you to reset happened several times to me and I still like Slam Dunk a lot. Looking forward to Updated Hockey a lot - my favorite sport so I know I will appreciate it very much!!

Thumbs up!

Joe

• Like 1

$10 for a new release is a waste of money?! (Sheldon's voice) There there... May I interest you in a hot beverage?

The original WC Baseball also has a bug where the game crashes.

Not exactly a new release. Curious, how many people have experienced the bug in 'World Championship Baseball'. It's what prevented Mattel from releasing the game; INTV however didn't care.

Thanks David. Real life has gotten in way of me playing SP Baseball yet but am so looking forward to it like you wouldn't believe. It will be an honor to actually lose a game but I plan on trying like hell not to lose:-) I don't think I ever has the dead screen with WC Baseball but I only play on real hardware for time being so I'm sure it will be fine! Hell I love Slam Dunk and that glitch with flying player forcing you to reset happened several times to me and I still like Slam Dunk a lot. Looking forward to Updated Hockey a lot - my favorite sport so I know I will appreciate it very much!!

Thumbs up!

Joe

I am going off topic here for a minute. We went to a hockey game last night and it was funny listening to my kid comment. When the puck would hit the back of the net, my kid would yell "that bug has been fixed..you can not score behind the net anymore". This got me thinking about penalties. I started wondering why they would go to face off and not continue playing where they left off.

Super Pro Hockey just had a lot of issues. As Baseball, many bugs also. People only talk about the bug of scoring behind the net. There were more that hopefully has been fixed. Do I release the game understanding that the game is not perfect? Should I ever have released baseball understanding that the game was not perfect?

I am happy that INTV released Championship Baseball even with the "bugs" in the game. At least I had a fun way of playing the game as I needed the 1 player option. I am even happier that I updated it as I needed more of a challenge. Is the game perfect? Apparently not. For me, good enough.

If you wonder why I release less games. It maybe because I understand my games are not perfect and that someone is going to complain. I get it. Even if the game was perfect, someone is still going to complain. For me, all that matters is that I enjoy the game. For you, maybe it matters if I make them available.

• Like 7

Life is not perfect Dave, and no game I have ever played is! :)

I have always loved what you have done with all your games, you have done great things with them. Baseball is no exception it is great.

What matters is how you feel about a game you release, naysayers and negativity will never cease to exist. Keep your chin up and be proud of what you!

By the way your kid sounds cool, a chip off the old block as they say! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

For Super Pro Hockey, at least the shoot/pass bug should be fixed. Minor things like faceoffs don't matter if you can't shoot straight. Its way worse than World Championship Baseball; I've never seen this bug myself. There is a way to release these things without people complaining and asking for their money back.

What game did you see?

For Super Pro Hockey, at least the shoot/pass bug should be fixed. Minor things like faceoffs don't matter if you can't shoot straight. Its way worse than World Championship Baseball; I've never seen this bug myself. There is a way to release these things without people complaining and asking for their money back.

What game did you see?

What shoot/pass bug? In my updated version, shooting/passing and swapping players has been revised/updated. The top side button will shoot/pass in the direction the man is moving in. I believe this is how the original hockey game played. The bottom side button is used to swap which player you control. The keypad is still functional.

The speed the puck moves at is random. I was not a fan of always being able to do a "slap shot". Not that the puck or men moved quickly to begin with. As in the game I watched last night (a local game...not pro), sometimes a slap shot was not a slap shot. This is a feature I need to fine tune more.

• Like 1

With Intellivision 'NHL Hockey', the player always shoots/passes in the direction the disc is pointed, Unfortunately there's too much sliding in Intellivision hockey, so at least you can shoot/pass in the direction you want while your player slides somewhere else. In 'Slap Shot Super Pro', sometimes your player is moving with the disc pointed in one direction, but the puck goes in another towards the goal but not necessarily on goal. That's the bug, sometimes it happens; sometimes it doesn't.

With Intellivision 'NHL Hockey', the player always shoots/passes in the direction the disc is pointed, Unfortunately there's too much sliding in Intellivision hockey, so at least you can shoot/pass in the direction you want while your player slides somewhere else. In 'Slap Shot Super Pro', sometimes your player is moving with the disc pointed in one direction, but the puck goes in another towards the goal but not necessarily on goal. That's the bug, sometimes it happens; sometimes it doesn't.

Thanks for the info. I noticed in Super Pro that the puck always goes towards the goal when you shoot and located on the opponents side. This is no longer the case. It will always go in the direction you were last aiming when pressing the side button to shoot. I do not believe this is a bug in the original Super Pro game but a feature.

• Like 1

Maybe it's me. I'm not sure I understand the bitching about a ROM release with gameplay improvements. I'm not a rich guy I don't flush money away however the price we pay for ROM is pretty modest. There are bound to be the occasional anomalies If it were a major but that continued to make the game unplayable that is something else. But in the end it's the cost of a muffin and latte' at Starbucks. It's like complaining about a CD because you don't love all 11 songs.

I have not played Super Pro Baseball a ton, but have not noticed anything weird on my Sears unit. Please keep the updates coming. (Keep an "On Board" release as well!)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I too got the green screen while playing on jzintv Raspberry Pi:

Raspberry Pi 3 (RPi3) Model B Quad-Core 1.2 GHz 1 GB RAM (bought on March 10)

I only got it once, restarted the game and it hasn't happened since.

On a side note, it took me forever to figure out how to get RetroPie, EmulationStation and jzintv working on the newest hardware, but I have a foolproof way of dong it now along with detailed instructions if anyone is interested.

Having worked at Novell when they bought SuSE linux years ago made me dust off my linux skills...lol.

Hey omac, I'd be interested in seeing your tips on getting it all working. I've had issues since upgrading my setup.

Hi Rick,

The biggest problem I had was that for some reason I could just not get things working properly until I used an older version of jtintv. It's the one that is in the jzintv_raspi.zip file I found in another thread. I'm using the Ultimate PC Controller and Dave helped with that. Using Flashback Controllers and the auto sensing mode ON BOTH CONTROLLERS fixed everything. Now, I'm unsure why I could never use the latest jtintv, but I'm getting another Raspberry Pi to play with and document everything to make sure I'm not crazy about that different jzintv theory.

I don't want to mess with the one I have because if I don't play Dungeons and Dragons everyday I feel like my life is slipping away.

Thanks for the info. I noticed in Super Pro that the puck always goes towards the goal when you shoot and located on the opponents side. This is no longer the case. It will always go in the direction you were last aiming when pressing the side button to shoot. I do not believe this is a bug in the original Super Pro game but a feature.

When will this be released? The Stanley Cup Playoffs will be here next week and I'm itching to try this out! :-D

• Like 1

When will this be released? The Stanley Cup Playoffs will be here next week and I'm itching to try this out! :-D

Only because you asked:

http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/orderroms.php

Rounds corners are **NOT** in the game. I already hear the groans.

Let me know when you get it and I will pull the sales of it waiting for you to provide me feedback so that I know if I should continue selling it or just put it back on hold.

• Like 4