Dragonstomper

• 629 posts

Posted Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:34 PM

Unzipping fails for me as well. I tried 7zip and built in Windows 10 zip/unzip 

#52 groundtrooper OFFLINE  

groundtrooper

Moonsweeper

• 283 posts
  • So many POKEY home brews. So few POKEY chips.

Posted Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:29 PM

Just to try and see if I can help. I am not doing this project, at least not now with my skills. But it appears I would be good to go. 

I downloaded the zip, extracted it with no issues with WinRAR on Windows 10.

#53 Tifany OFFLINE  

Tifany

Chopper Commander

• 129 posts

Posted Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:39 PM

Do the added console buttons only work with the Stella emulator or are they global across all other emulators on retropie?

I haven't had any luck downloading the image and extracting it successfully (Ubuntu 16.04). Can you share the script that you used to get the console buttons working?

Thanks!

#54 fdr4prez OFFLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,136 posts

Posted Sun Dec 4, 2016 9:21 PM

Do the added console buttons only work with the Stella emulator or are they global across all other emulators on retropie?

I haven't had any luck downloading the image and extracting it successfully (Ubuntu 16.04). Can you share the script that you used to get the console buttons working?

Thanks!

The Difficulty switches are using a Python script that is running in the background, and are usable only for Stella.  But I'd imagine that any non-RetroArch emulator would be able to detect these switches, too.  They are ON/OFF-type switches, so outside of being used for 2600 Difficulty settings, I am not sure what other emulator would need such switch settings.

The Select and Start pushbuttons are using Adafruit's Retrogame and that makes them available for all emulators; including RetroArch emulators.

#55 Draugr OFFLINE  

Draugr

Moonsweeper

• 334 posts

Posted Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:22 AM

Guess I'm a little late to this party. :) 

I just saw this thread while reading through the Intellivision Ultimate Flashback thread.

I have one quick question. Is there any preference regarding which model of the Atari FB we use? I have 1-5 and can get 6 or 7 if necessary.

Thanks,

John

#56 iesposta OFFLINE  

iesposta

River Patroller

• 3,270 posts
  • Retro-gaming w/my VCS

Posted Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:11 AM

I would suggest you not use Flashback1 because the case / buttons are different?

I just wanted to restate that to use an AtariVox+ takes another device. 

And does the USB to TTL have software for the ARM CPU?

You can't just plug it into Stelladapter port 2. 

The Emulator Stella can drive the AtariVox+. What's needed is a USB to AtariVox+ device.

A small amount were made for developers, but it is a fairly common thing. 

There are settings in Stella for AtariVox and com port.

The adapter just changes the USB to TTL signals and the software makes a com port. 

The "driver"software is already in Mac OS X, and can be downloaded for Win/Linux. 

I don't see anything about Raspberry Pi under the VCP virtual com port drivers, but the Direct Device Drivers do mention the Raspberry Pi. Also there is open-source libFTDI.

#57 Byte Knight OFFLINE  

Byte Knight

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,012 posts
  • Robinett Rules!

Posted Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:55 AM

I have one quick question. Is there any preference regarding which model of the Atari FB we use? I have 1-5 and can get 6 or 7 if necessary.

You'll need a FB with forward facing ports for the 2600-daptors to fit, so I'd recommend a FB 4 - current.  The FB 2 should be hacked for a cartridge port and not this, and the FB 3 lacks an LED power indicator.

#58 Draugr OFFLINE  

Draugr

Moonsweeper

• 334 posts

Posted Mon Apr 3, 2017 9:06 AM

I've been working on converting box art that I found online. I never liked using the scrapers because a lot of the art is poor quality. Anyhow, what I wanted to ask is this...

Does anyone know if there is a way to have the boxart image in Emulationstation rotate or alter between the front and back of the box every 'x' number of seconds? I'm only asking because I noticed there can be some important info on the back of the box such as the Sears games that list the various settings to choose for specific gameplay difficulty or settings. Currently, it appears ES only shows the single image of the front box art. If there is a way to swap between the two automatically every 5 or 10 seconds that would be great, or if there is some sort of key we could press that would switch a game box art from the front to back manually when we highlight a specific game in the list that would work also.

Any info is appreciated.

#59 fdr4prez OFFLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,136 posts

Posted Mon Apr 3, 2017 6:37 PM

The gamelist.xml file links the rom and image, but I don't know if there is a way to do what you are wanting.

You may want to go to the RetroPie forums and ask over there:  https://retropie.org.uk/forum/

For my Inty build, I am not displaying the boxes.  I am displaying the overlays instead, so you have a moment to see it before you start the game.  This is helpful for when you are traveling and don't have the overlays with you.

Edited by fdr4prez, Mon Apr 3, 2017 6:40 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Atari 2600, RetroPie, Raspberry Pi

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users