IGNORED

Atari 2600 NTSC 6-Switch Woody Signal (Color) Issues

KylJoy

Weird one here...

I have an Atari Woody light-sixer NTSC console. At least, I thought I did. It has been used in my basement on my 60 inch flat screen TV for a while and works just awesome. I added an RGB kit to it and the output from the s-vid, composite and RGB through the xRGB mini are super cool. Here is the weird part... When I try to use the s-vid, composite or even the RF to a television other than my 60 inch flat screen the colors are bonkers or usually non-existent (B&W). I don't get it. RF on my 60 inch flat screen looks great. Composite also looks good directly connected to my 60 inch flat screen (for composite, that is). Everything through the xRGB mini looks great. But when I connect the s-vid, composite or even RF to my Sony WEGA CRT TV there is no color! This also happens on my little flat screen TV in our living room - no color (usually) or bizzaro color. What the &$%# is this all about??? My Wii composite signal looks great on the WEGA. What am I missing? One of my other Atari 2600 consoles' s-vid and composite (from RGB kit) look fine on the Sony WEGA CRT TV on the and upstairs TV (no RF on that unit). Some sort of weak signal thing going on? Very strange to me but maybe not to you. So let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks for any help,

Phil

• 1 month later...

Wow. Finally figured this out. Turns out the crystal oscillators I purchased are the culprit. Though they did function well enough for the unit to power on and allow the RGB board to work the color signal was not quite right. I honestly don't quite get this issue. All I know is that these crystals that I purchased cause the RF output of any 2600 I install them in to be black and white on most televisions. I am asking the company that sold them to me about this and will report back when I get an answer.