IGNORED

Program for making floppy custom labels

lbaeza

Hi there

Please take a look at the label on the picture. Was this label printed using an Atari program? Which one? Note that some letters are printed on double width...Any ideas?

IMG.jpg

Kind regards,

Louis BQ

Well it is the fifth Disk...What does "JLM" mean?

Is/was it som sort of Magazin Disk or is it a private

Collection?

In case one you could try to contact the publisher.

No bad joke... I allready established some contacts to

(formerly)(german) publisher(s) / groups, and got some

usefull informations. Often they even remember the number

of printer ribbon used per month ;-) . Why not the programs

they used?

Lots of programs can do this. What kind of printer(s) do you have access to? Would you find it acceptable to print them on a modern Windows system, because it likely would be a lot easier to do?

-Larry

Hi Larry

Do you have the name for any of those label printing programs from back in the day? I have access to an Atari 1029, and a Seikosha GP500 printer.

Windows font is an option. I googled for some dot matrix fonts, found some but I was not able to locate on with the double width feature. Do you know any?

Kind regards,

Louis BQ

Edited by lbaeza

Hi there

Found this program called "Label Maker (19xx)(Jones, Matthew)(US)[bASIC].bas" on atarionline.pl:

http://atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?ct=utils&sub=1.%20Biuro&tg=Label%20Maker&PHPSESSID=ac69e155ba601253be600dd52e0154f4#Label%20Maker

I tried it on Altirra:

label1.png

label2.png

label3.png

label4.png

...but the printer output emulation is text only. Any ideas how to set up Altirra in order to correctly display the underlined and enlarged text?

Kind regards,

Louis BQ

OK some answers that hopefully will help...

1) Windows really is the way to go. If you can't find a font or fonts that please you, you haven't looked enough. The Avery software is great. I've used it for all kinds of labels. Using a laser printer would probably produce the best results, but inkjet is good, too.

2) You have a Seikosha GP500 printer, hopefully it is for an Atari or Centronics and not a Commodore since C= interface probably can't work with the A8. That means it is either (somewhat) Epson compatible or maybe C-Itoh.

3) If you really want to do this on the Seikosha, I recommend "Daisy Dots." This was probably the very best printer program for the Atari. You will find lots of PD fonts for Daisy Dots on the web. There were also some programs called "Epset" and "Proset" in Atari mags (Analog, IIRC). I've posted those here in this atr.

Also, look for a PM from me with some other ideas.

-Larry

Printer Utilities.atr