IGNORED

How Was It to work at Atari?

AL01

It's possible to get a good sense of what it was like to work for Atari, in all its different departments and through its various incarnations, by listening to the excellent Atari interviews that Kevin Savetz and Randy Kindig have been conducting:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/236768-the-atari-interview-discussion-thread/

The last time I looked, they were over 200 interviews, with more to come!

• Like 1

I personally spoke to David Crane, Nolan Bushnell and Howard Scott Warshaw for my radio program in recent years and they definitely shed a lot of light.

I can dig up my old radio episodes with them if you'd like. According to David Crane,while working at the Sunnyvale Atari HQ,there were two buildings... He worked at the calmer side and told me the other building was where all the heavy pot smoking went on. HSW was in that other building. Yes he did use to crack bullwhips in the hallway and other crazy things to get inspired to make the Raiders of the Lost Ark game.

Nolan told me they used to throw a lot of company parties back then. Atari while they were indeed a hardworking unit,they also knew how to party! :P Unlike Nintendo.

If I was a programmer there, I'd be pretty feeling shitty after my ungrateful boss would tell me I'm no more important than one who assembles cartridges. That's how Activision started.

I believe that was after Warner took over...

If you want to be SUPER SPECIFIC that was the time when Atari first came into contact with the NWO/Illuminati...

Howard Scott Warshaw also told me he used to see some employees regularly have nervous breakdowns,and the ambulance would cart them away!!!! He told me despite it being fun at times,it was also a very frustrating and gruelling job having to beat the deadlines in production of the games...

HSW interview starts at the 2:01:30 mark...

http://www.radiovalencia.fm/wp-content/plugins/wryShare-widget-pack/scripts/streamer.php?id=14482

Actually in the midst of getting Nolan back on my show soon too! Also got in touch with Al Alcorn today.Yeah crushin all da podcasts!!!

Edited by lushgirl_80
  • Like 1

Howard Scott Warshaw also told me he used to see some employees regularly have nervous breakdowns,and the ambulance would cart them away!!!! He told me despite it being fun at times,it was also a very frustrating and gruelling job having to beat the deadlines in production of the games...

HSW interview starts at the 2:01:30 mark...

http://www.radiovalencia.fm/wp-content/plugins/wryShare-widget-pack/scripts/streamer.php?id=14482

Actually in the midst of getting Nolan back on my show soon too! Also got in touch with Al Alcorn today.Yeah crushin all da podcasts!!!

Thanks for the link!