I have an ECS but I think the only games I have that require it are Mind Strike and Mr. BASIC Meets Bits & Bytes (or whatever the hell it's called :P ). I have the music synthesizer as well, but no games for it. And the BASIC is pretty worthless; even the Timex 1000 seems powerful by comparison. Though with the keyboard being as junky as it is, I guess that's moot.

Soooo...my ECS doesn't see much use. But at least it looks sweet hooked up to the Intellivision II! :-D

I have an ECS but I think the only games I have that require it are Mind Strike and Mr. BASIC Meets Bits & Bytes (or whatever the hell it's called :P ). I have the music synthesizer as well, but no games for it. And the BASIC is pretty worthless; even the Timex 1000 seems powerful by comparison. Though with the keyboard being as junky as it is, I guess that's moot.

Soooo...my ECS doesn't see much use. But at least it looks sweet hooked up to the Intellivision II! :-D

But you can type in Basic programs and save it to cassette: http://www.spatula-city.mine.nu/~intvlib/inty/ecsbasic.html

The ECS only had 2k of 8bit ram. Even if you could expand this I think programs need at least 10bit ram for executable code.

The keyboard component had 16k of 10bit ram. It was designed to automatically load and run cp1610 programs from tape. At that time 16k cartridges would have been expensive but that changed quickly.

And I am assuming it's not possible to have just a standard cartridge with just RAM in it, like a RAM expansion?

- J

I don't have an ECS, so I don't really have a reason to be in here. . . . But with a thread title like that, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the first post contains a sentence like this.

100 people, I could do....

So, as others have said, do what you think would be fun. Or whom you think would be fun.

onmode-ky