IGNORED

Ac adapter?

Finally found a cheap price on ebay for a used 7800 no ac adapter but looks in good shape. Might make an offer. But the plug is propriatery and not standard. So how rare are the ac adapters? And where is a good place to get one if I decide to make an offer? Are the generics on ebay with out blue tip ok or not?

I just recently bought the AtariGuide adapter off of Amazon, and it works great. The cord is pretty long, as well, so I can actually put my console on the couch within easy reach.

Sent from my iPhone directly into your brain using Tapatalk

Edited by 24Fanatic365

Every first party Atari adapter (Lynx, 2600) I've had has gotten broke wires. The wires are so freakking brittle! Now my 7800 adapter has develped a kink at the power brick. I fear it may fail soon, but so far so good. Should the Atari adapter fail, I might just get the Atariguide replacement. An official brick from Best will have the same brttle wires and just wear out eventually. Best sold me my AV modded 7800 in 2014, before they stopped selling refurbished consoles. It's a great piece of tech.

Getting your system modded to accept another power supply is also something worth looking into. Before I discovered Best, I got a 7800 without a power supply (as well as a busted Pro-Line, which led me on my odyssey to build my 7800 stick). I just sent my system to Rapid Fire Gaming and had the guy mod it to take a Genesis 1 power supply. Bit of an extreme solution, but it works like a charm.