IGNORED

Battle of the Ports

Glad to see the MSX version covered. Too bad there weren't more JP ports of the game. I'm glad Hamster's Arcade Archives series has it. I love playing it on Switch. Original JP AC version spells Continue as "Countinue" on the continue screen.

I have the Atari 2600 and Atari 800 versions on cart and like them quite a bit. Funny thing about the A800 version is that it still has the symbols of the 5200 controller shown on the menu screen.

Edited by BrianC
  • Like 1

You were spot on about the ST version.

And to think,games like this were going to be launch titles for Project Robin apparently?.

Good job the ST console concept was shelved.

Yep, the ST version is just awful. how on earth they thought that was a good idea for a console is beyond me.

Glad to see the MSX version covered. Too bad there weren't more JP ports of the game. I'm glad Hamster's Arcade Archives series has it. I love playing it on Switch. Original JP AC version spells Continue as "Countinue" on the continue screen.

I have the Atari 2600 and Atari 800 versions on cart and like them quite a bit. Funny thing about the A800 version is that it still has the symbols of the 5200 controller shown on the menu screen.

hehe, yeah I noticed about the Atari 8Bit computer versions. They really did get lazy with that port.

New video. Long long ago Capcom made many different types of games from shooters to platformers and racing games. These days they seem to make only fighting or action survival games. Let's take a look at an experimental title from them that combines driving with shooting. This is Last Duel.

• Like 3

Road Runner was a C64 game you really only wanted to have on disk :@.

The cassette version is literally crippled by an appalling multiloader :'(

Think i endured loading times of 3-4 minutes between levels and only spent a minute playing through the actual level, a horrible experience.

Picked it up on the ST after seeing C+VG review it twice within 2 months and award it a hit and then game of the month.

The 2600 version looks great for the hardware.

• Like 2

Sad to hear that :( I recently subscribed to your YT channel and have been enjoying your content a lot. I especially like the system overviews and your shopping trips to Hard OFF. :)

Cheers man. thanks for subscribing to the channel.

Here's a new BOTP for this week that many people requested over the years - WWF WrestleMania: The Arcade Game.

• Like 1

Last week during the first weekend of March 2019, the wife, son and I visited Osaka for the weekend. It's actually quite far from where I live but it was a great trip.

We go to a few famous places included Universal Studios Japan.

0:01 - Starting the trip on the Shinkansen

01:18 - At the Hotel

03:06 - Osaka Castle

04:24 - Tsutenkaku Tower and Shinsekai area - Famous restaurant area

11:20 - Edo Period Town

15:41 - Shinsaibashi Famous shopping area

17:49 - Universal Studios Japan - Entrance and Despicable Me area

19:17 - Universal Studios Japan - Jurassic Area and ride

23:17 - Universal Studios Japan - Back Draft

24:54 - Universal Studios Japan - Harry Potter Area

28:43 - Universal Studios Japan - Roller Coasters and others