TT/Falcon Homebrew

homebrew TT Falcon

14 replies to this topic

#1 SlidellMan OFFLINE  

SlidellMan

Moonsweeper

• 327 posts

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:35 PM

I was wondering if there was any homebrew games developed for the TT/Falcon? So Far, the only one that was made was a racing game with digitized graphics.

#2 ggn OFFLINE  

ggn

Stargunner

• 1,472 posts

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:15 AM

There are quite a lot in this site (perhaps every Falcon game ever released actually).

It's already on my list but, hell, I'll give a special mention to Downfall Falcon since I made it :). First (and only AFAIK) game to support jagpad rotaries!.

#3 Fletch OFFLINE  

Fletch

Stargunner

• 1,064 posts

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:07 AM

Downfall Falcon is the best!  I had that running on my Falcon at VCF East in 2015 and it was very popular with attendees!

Thanks GGN!

• ggn likes this

#4 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• 4,565 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:36 AM

There are quite a lot in this site (perhaps every Falcon game ever released actually).

It's already on my list but, hell, I'll give a special mention to Downfall Falcon since I made it :). First (and only AFAIK) game to support jagpad rotaries!.

Would ANY reboot games work on a 4mb RAM 1040STE?  Enjoy all the reboot titles on my Jaguar and would sure love to play one on my ST, but don't have a Falcon unfortunately..

That racer looks awesome by the way...

Edited by travistouchdown, Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:37 AM.

#5 ggn OFFLINE  

ggn

Stargunner

• 1,472 posts

Posted Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:18 AM

Would ANY reboot games work on a 4mb RAM 1040STE?  Enjoy all the reboot titles on my Jaguar and would sure love to play one on my ST, but don't have a Falcon unfortunately..

That racer looks awesome by the way...

Well, as far as Reboot games go, only Downfall has been released on Falcon and that's the only release for 16/32 so far :). As for it running on a ST/STE, stay tuned is all I have to say so far...

#6 SlidellMan OFFLINE  

SlidellMan

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 327 posts

Posted Sun Sep 4, 2016 7:40 AM

Thanks for the list, ggn! By the way, are the TT and Falcon compatible with multi-button joypads?

#7 ggn OFFLINE  

ggn

Stargunner

• 1,472 posts

Posted Sun Sep 4, 2016 12:48 PM

Thanks for the list, ggn! By the way, are the TT and Falcon compatible with multi-button joypads?

The Falcon has 2 100% STE compatible joypad ports, the TT doesn't.

#8 mattlacey OFFLINE  

mattlacey

Star Raider

• 83 posts

Posted Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:21 PM

My game didn't make that list yet! Damn :)

Anyway, I made a crappy columns clone for the Falcon that you can download here: https://github.com/m...leases/tag/v1.0

It did take 3rd place at RetroKomp 2016 in Poland recently which was pretty sweet! 

Attached Files

Edited by mattlacey, Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:24 PM.

#9 SlidellMan OFFLINE  

SlidellMan

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 327 posts

Posted Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:51 PM

That looks nice for a clone game. Maybe your next one would be something more original and creative.

#10 Umberto OFFLINE  

Umberto

Moonsweeper

• 311 posts

Posted Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:18 AM

That looks nice for a clone game. Maybe your next one would be something more original and creative.

ouchh

#11 Umberto OFFLINE  

Umberto

Moonsweeper

• 311 posts

Posted Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:19 AM

My game didn't make that list yet! Damn :)

Anyway, I made a crappy columns clone for the Falcon that you can download here: https://github.com/m...leases/tag/v1.0

It did take 3rd place at RetroKomp 2016 in Poland recently which was pretty sweet! 

Made my list, well if I had a list

#12 ggn OFFLINE  

ggn

Stargunner

• 1,472 posts

Posted Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:05 AM

This comment looks nice for a clone comment. Maybe your next one would be something more original and creative.

#13 pixelmischief OFFLINE  

pixelmischief

Stargunner

• 1,280 posts

Posted Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:48 AM

Anyway, I made a crappy columns clone for the Falcon...

This game isn't crappy at all.  It's really good-looking and plays quite nice.  Well done.

#14 mattlacey OFFLINE  

mattlacey

Star Raider

• 83 posts

Posted Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:30 PM

There was a reason for picking this... I wanted something with a fixed design and contained feature set so that I'd actually get something released and wouldn't spend months and months just mucking about. Turns out it took me way longer than I was expecting anyway!

Am planning another game, but not sure if it'll be for the Falcon or STE yet.

#15 Umberto OFFLINE  

Umberto

Moonsweeper

• 311 posts

Posted Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:45 PM

There was a reason for picking this... I wanted something with a fixed design and contained feature set so that I'd actually get something released and wouldn't spend months and months just mucking about. Turns out it took me way longer than I was expecting anyway!

Am planning another game, but not sure if it'll be for the Falcon or STE yet.

If I get a vote, Falcon, well ok maybe both

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: homebrew, TT, Falcon

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users