IGNORED

list of 7800 compatible controllers

We all know about CX-78 and CX-24. But 24's are not good for games like karateka and some others. And 78's are expensive as hell on ebay. Well I ordered a seagull 78 from edladdin and it just came today. It adds many more options. So I did some wrtieups on what works and is good alternatives to the CX 24 and 78. I have done it on sections only so I don't goof up when I edit a page and have to start over. So little at a time. I started with the NES Nintendo controllers. Works great and I can even use a dogbone controller on a 7800 to play games like Choplifter! I will add more but for that is a start. Click on this link. The the link listed there. More links will be added in that link as I add more controllers to the list later.

http://mvvg.blogspot.com/2016/08/7800-compatibe-controllers.html

• Like 1

I never knew people did not know about which controllers work on an atari 7800.

I thought this was common knowledge with almost everyone that owns one.

If you use the seach function there already is lots of knowledge on Atariage about damn near every controller ever made and who likes them, how they work, how to build them, and many people making them for sale.

• Like 1

Yes modifying a nes pad and rewiring it to 7800. But if it breaks you have make another pad and its expensive. And not everyone is good at soldering like me. I mean I am not good either. So this is much better. Once you get the parts you can use any nes pad. And if it breaks then then just plug in another controller. No soldering. And any nes even dogbone or flight stick. No soldering each controller. Just plug any nes controller into the freedom connect. Plus its wireless. ave1 will testify and has video on youtube showing him clipping it to his belt and using it.

As for playstation the tototek adapter is much cheaper at 18 dollars and plugs any psx controller into the 9 pin port. Granted you beed the seagull 78 for the 7800. But still you can use the seagull for the for genisis pads also so its not bad. And the tototek works on sega genesis also and 5200 with masterplay clone. So a direct psx yo 7800 adapter would only work on 7800. Not genesis or 5200. So the tototek works on all 3.

Lots of info on converting nes pads and also an adapter was made for using playstation controllers on a 7800.

It's probably one in a thousand people who have the skill and the extra time to devote to projects like these. Info might be on the web, but it doesn't matter if people just don't have the skill with a soldering iron to accomplish such a task. Just sayin'

Exactly so this is all solderless solutions. The parts are semi rare and hard to find but once you do its frikin sweet. The range is not so good. But it works if put the receiver right in front of you and sit like 20 feet back directly in front of it. Or even at a slight angle.

And I tested the steering wheel does not work. Neither does my multitap for psx. But the rest I mentioned is great. The seagull 78 solves most everything.

It's probably one in a thousand people who have the skill and the extra time to devote to projects like these. Info might be on the web, but it doesn't matter if people just don't have the skill with a soldering iron to accomplish such a task. Just sayin'

then buy one...done

If you meant have somebody else solder it together and then buy it. Or those third party ones that they make then no. Because still if it breaks then you are screwed and must buy another one. Or if they stop making it then you are out of luck. This way I can ebay any nes controller and use it. And they are plenty. No resoldering. And I may even try the old school pads just for the hell of it someday. The only drawback is the freedom connect uses 4 aaa batteries. But it lasts awhile. And it beats soldering.