IGNORED

Info about corcomp 32k sidecar standalone memory module

Majdachi

There are not a lot of them floating around out in the wild if that is what you mean. As I have to be reminded from time to time... a collector will pay some interesting prices to obtain 'what they want'. There are different ways to expand a console, some cheap, others easier.

If you don't want to gamble on the new sidecar device in development, this is an option for sure.

As Ω points out, everything is worth something to someone...sometimes much more that the actual value, other times much less than its rarity would suggest.

The thing to always keep in mind is that the TI enthusiast community is a relatively small one, and it probably only takes the existence of maybe 300-400 units of an item for all of us to own one (hoarding aside). I doubt if there are that many Corcomp sidecars out there, and while they do show up from time to time, they are far from common items.

What are they worth? Well they are worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for one. I paid $150 (+shipping!) for a Terminal Emulator I module, just to have it in my collection, but I've let Corcomp sidecars units go by a couple times now in the same price range. Now obviously the actual value of a piece of rare hardware should trump the value of rare software (if original retail is the basis), but no one can define personal value.

I am still missing 6 TI released cartridges (not including foreign language variations of items I already own), and I would likely pay more for any of them than logic or common sense would dictate.

But common sense never has anything to do with "want"

My 2 ebay items that I truly regret not having bought were a working 99/4 (with headphone jack, volume slider & overlays), and a sidecar Thermal Printer.

The 4 sold for more than I wanted to spend, but I've regretted not putting up the cash ever since, because the only others that have shown up have been in rough shape, or lacked the power supply (which is not 4A compatible).

The Thermal Printer sold for under $200, and even came with 2 rolls of Thermal paper, so my butt is very black and blue from kicking myself over that one.

I recently bought a corcomp 32k standalone module and a huge box of carts/cassettes/catalogs, some are still sealed, got also a corcomp 9900 full expansion system with original dual 5.25" external drives the same as in the ti 80s ad... planning to post my systems as soon as i receive them.

• Like 3

I recently bought a corcomp 32k standalone module and a huge box of carts/cassettes/catalogs, some are still sealed, got also a corcomp 9900 full expansion system with original dual 5.25" external drives the same as in the ti 80s ad... planning to post my systems as soon as i receive them.

Still waiting on shipping? If I came across a haul of working goodies like that I'd be chomping at the bit for FedEx to arrive.

Can't wait to see those photos!

There's not that much to it but it's interesting how they implemented it. DRAM vs SRAM. Right?

TMS4500-A - DRAM controller ftp://kirklanduncorked.com/datasheets%20and%20manuals/Datasheets%20-%20TI/TMS5400A/TMS5400A.pdf

74LS04 - Hex inverter

TMS4416 - (4) 16K x 4 bit RAM

PAL16R4CN - Doing some kind of logic. Probably there due to the TMS4500, I'm guessing, but could be blatantly wrong.

Anyone want to take a stab at explaining it? :)

post-22866-0-36201900-1474481636_thumb.jpg